1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can we talk about Dwight Howard's toughness?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Marsarinian, May 21, 2015.

1. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Somehow, through the ups and downs of his post-Orlando years, Dwight Howard has been called soft, mentally weak, a p*ssy, and worse things. People have doubted his love for the game, his commitment, his dedication, and his professionalism.

Houston fans, let's put an end to these lies, to this utter bull*****. Gutting it out with a sprained knee is not soft. Giving your team every ounce of what you have, which your teammates desperately need, is not mentally weak. Sacrificing your body, bearing the pain, leading with your actions, does not make you a jokester.

Dwight Howard is a tough dude. Let's give him the respect he so clearly deserves.

#Pursuit

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Not only is he tough, but he's being hammered and beaten in the paint, yet getting no calls.

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

The whole soft thing is from ****ty fans of other teams and some of our bull**** fans that don't know anything. I know damn well he's not soft, and now that he's getting loose I hope he ****s the Warriors up. Dwight has always played hard for us, especially in the playoffs,just look at his ****ing stats. Jesus Christ, I mean without Howard we aren't in the ****ing WCF!!!

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is no superstar any longer, at least not in the eyes of the officials....

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He took orlando to the finals.
    Never soft

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Soft players don't win defensive player of the year

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

A guy in Austin called Dwight mentality weak last night.

His reason was because he has no post game.

Yeah, that's the true sign of mental weakness... smh

Dude was probably a closet Laker fan and/or let's the media do his thinking for him.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Mental weakness on the talent evaluator's part.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Seriously you guys need to stop carrying what the media says and what random people on the street say.

Just care about what you say.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I'm in Austin too, and I have unfortunately run into a lot of Laker fans... Still upset about the breakup, haha

11. kchin

kchin Member

Like every NBA player of this generation, I question Dwight Howard's commitment to play through injuries. When you're in the Conference Finals, and you can walk, you play.

The Rox need to put a moratorium on post plays for Dwight Howard. He coughs up too many balls in the post. He should only be allowed to do alley-oops and put backs.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He's been good at post up tonight so no.

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I hear you man, but I think it all matters to a certain degree.

Just think if fans/media weren't so biased. The outcry of bad officiating would be talked about more. In turn, Houston would get more calls.

Instead, bad calls are just blown off like they never happened because "hey, Houston sucks anyway".

Can you really imagine GS not getting calls and nobody saying anything?