1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CAN WE STOP MAKING ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT CNT ON YAO?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ilomse, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Let me translate for the rockets fans reading.

Yao to Chinese basketball is like Dream to the Rockets from 87 to 92.

Without him we totally sucked.

So even though the Rockets will be fine without Yao china will suck without him but they need us rockets fans to pay for their stuff so they allow him to play here.

2. MyEyesSee

MyEyesSee Member

Well said, sir. Well said.

3. rfila

rfila Member

I am really sick seeing this kind of message over and over.
    How about US soccer team? how about this fix?

4. Munir Ming

Munir Ming Member

Agreed! Some Chinese officials are eager to have some small wins to tout as the shining points of their political careers.

I hate them!

Yao is a great person. He won't said no to his national duties. But those b*stard officials should be exposed and bashed.

5. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

I guess Yao did play more minutes than he's suppose to play.

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

We should all stop throwing around blame.

Yao probably should be able to rest in the offseason

Yao probably should be playing less minutes regardless of his offseason activities

Both things probably contributed to the stress fracture

However, Yao may have had this injury even if he played less minutes and rested in the offseason

7. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

if i had 13 mil, i wouldnt rent a car...lol

i dont know what toy thing your referring too

i see both sides of the argument here, i felt the whole season we overplayed him but at the same time it doesnt help that he has to play in meaningless tournaments over the summers past, whos to blame? who cares

8. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

yao needs to defect from china

9. ilomse

ilomse Member

Yao BARELY played for CNT for last two year. go found out youself before you make that statement! u have no idea of wut u talkin about

10. ilomse

ilomse Member

that's suppose to be a metaphor... im sorry if that's something beyond ur intelligence of understanding...

11. TMacAtChina

TMacAtChina New Member

I'm from China,I also hope that Yao will not take part in Olympic!~
    In the majority of Chinese basketball fans,NBA is much more important than Olympic basketball games~

12. ilomse

ilomse Member

give u a break? what break? even if u'r payin him 15mil, u still got wut u paid for, compare to all the so called "superstars", Yao's salary isn't even close to theirs, besides Yao don't get 15 mil a yr..

and wut about all that revenue he helped gained, it got to be AT LEAST 5,6X for what NBA payin him for, go confirm this w/ Rocket's owner if u don't believe.

its ridiculous that u think what i said is ridiculous...

13. Yaoterminator

Yaoterminator Member

No wonder the winner of the NBA final is called "World Champion".

Actually it has become an international joke to see that a country who calls its league winner "World Champion" has been thrashed in four international tournaments in a row.

America is definitely not the worst country in the world. Actually my father went to America last year and marvelled at the fact that America is really superior in so many ways. But America is an arrogant country not because it is powerful but because exceptionalism.

14. Queeni

Queeni Contributing Member

You are really the "typical American".

15. Queeni

Queeni Contributing Member

I guess you don't realize that you're brainwashed by America's corporate media. Go to travel to other countries to know the world better.

16. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

Playing a few games in summer doesn't hurt that much. Playing 37 minutes per NBA game with all kinds of bad calls on him hurts too much.

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he's getting paid millions to play in the NBA and living the lifestyle 99.9999999% of the world does not even remotely come to understand.

so 37 minutes a game shouldn't be a complaint. if he wants to play for the NBA, then use the summer to freshen himself up, make himself stronger to withstand the grind of an NBA season.

everybody knows the NBA takes a toll on your body physically and mentally. that's why you get paid millions of dollars.

18. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

For what? Would NBA or USa treat him better or bring him more?

19. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

They get millions of dollars because they bring more to bosses like les and stern, not because "he NBA takes a toll on your body physically and mentally."

yao's 7-6 and 310 lbs. It is obvious that 37 minutes per game is too much for him. Yao is special. nobody ever with this height had played this well.
    It's Rox decision in how to use him. I still don't see a few games in summer would cause such a serious injury. He didn't get injured until recently. Had he taken a rest in summer (he basically had the rest last summer), it would just take a few more games to bring him down.

20. xmuhawkj

xmuhawkj New Member

Who is a talent at the beginning or better than anyothers ? people need to practise or learn for further develop ,500 years ago ,there's no american !