1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CAN WE STOP MAKING ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT CNT ON YAO?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ilomse, Feb 27, 2008.

1. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

2. buiyahkah

buiyahkah Contributing Member

most powerful, hence most arrogant :D

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad our team whipped Yugoslavia,
    this is probably why they keep trying to trash our embassy in Belgrade.
    Screw them! Its not our fault they have racial tensions and bad basketball.

4. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

second.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm glad our team whipped Yugoslavia,
    this is probably why they keep trying to trash our embassy in Belgrade.
    Screw them! Its not our fault they have racial tensions and bad basketball.

6. rodrick_98

no kidding... i bet our embassy in argentina or italy will be next ;)

[​IMG]

7. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

I don't get your point. All OP did was pointing out that a lot of people just ASSUME CNT overused Yao in the past summers, which was not the case, so stop pointing fingers at CNT, try to reduce 7 6's minutes per game instead. Why is wrong with that? And the flag means...?

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the problem is that the CNT makes Yao go through these silly workout that are brutal on his body.

As to whose to blame for Yao's injury....well, it's hard to say it's the CNT because I doubt this injury had that long in the making. If it happened early in the NBA season than I would lay blame on the CNT.

But in this case, considering how deep into the season we are - it probably is the result of Yao playing in the NBA. He just can't play that man minutes - should be capped at 30.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

A history lesson, where a young man from Lagos Nigeria came to America and then represented America

the greatest Rocket of them all!

10. rodrick_98

:confused:

***?

edit: Y.O.F.?

11. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

I mean how does this related to the topic here.

12. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

The Dream is God, next...

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I don't think that have anything to do with u calling yao soft. Clutch doesn't ban people because of a criticism of a thread, it had to be something else. I call yao soft all the time, but I'm not malicious in my opinion. You're banishment is probably something else.

Back to the thread, I'm just wondering is 60 games enough to hitch ur franchise to Yao. I think he is going to continue to be injury prone. He played less minutes last yr and missed 30 games. The yr before, he played less than that and missed 26 games. There is a trend developing.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Nigeria never screwed up Hakeem's career. Hakeem did whatever he wanted to do. Why not glory for Nigeria?

15. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

In soccer, that's what always happen. Sorry to break the news.

16. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

It's not about China. It's about any athlete who competes in the NBA and also attempts to play for the national team. The NBA season is a grueling and tiring marathon. NBA players need to rest in the summertime to recuperate and be ready for the following season. If the body is not properly rested, it lends itself to injuries.

Foreign leagues are like college basketball here. THeir season is short and the game is less physical. Their postseason is also short. NBA players can not do what European or Chinese league players do.

Mark Cuban didn't want Dirk Nowitzki to compete.

A NBA player is under contractual agreement to play for the franchise that signs him.

I am sorry to tell you, but China is not winning anything with or without Yao. Stupid competition. If the US takes that competition seriously, they win it every time. How is that competition? That's called going back to your pimp even though he beats you.

Now, the NBA. THat is competition because there is parity. Some stupid national basketball win is fake patriotism. It just means that the US is better at basketball, it does not mean that the US is a better country.

17. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Stop with the international war. We all love Yao and wish he wasn't hurt. BTW, I don't know any place else Yao can earn the bazillion he does and live like he lives. They just mention that the team flys in coach. Yao in coach, are you serious.

We treat Yao like a King!!!

18. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

CNT to blame? haha. He plays most of his basketball here for the Rockets. I don't know why any of this is an issue. The Rockets paid him with the understanding he had other commitments. End of discussion.

19. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

The Rockets need to reduce Yao's meaningless playing time i.e. international basketball.

He should play what the coach feels is fair for the Rockets

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Yao should play in the olympics if he can do so without jeopardizing his career. I mean, this is one of his life goals, you can't take that away from him - even if his team isn't going anywhere - it's about representing his country when his country is hosting and he is the face of the squad.

But after that, I do think it's time for the CNT to let him go and let him focus on winning an NBA championship - because honestly, there's no higher achievement in basketball in the world and nothing else will bring more glory to the PRC than that.