1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can we say the Suns-Spurs series is pretty much over?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by finalsbound, Apr 26, 2003.

1. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Spurs woke up after Game 1. They're in cruise control right now, 86-68 in G. 3 with 5 minutes to go.

Is it safe to assume San An's safe?

Or should they still be concerned with the almighty, immortal, Rookie of the Year? Nice D, Amare. :rolleyes:

2. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

Casey Jacobsen will save the day..

3. dn1282

dn1282 Member

you're WRONG! Most underrated player in the league, Dan Langhi, will save the day.

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

their secret weapon dan langhi has yet to be unleashed. stern will certainly be willing to bend the rules and let him on the playoff roster and then it will be all over for SA.

edit: damn you dn1282, beating me by one minute.

5. Darkside

Darkside Member

Dan Langhi??? Didn't you guys hear?

From NBA.com

----------------------------------------------------------------

PHOENIX (AP) -- The NBA has suspended Dan Langhi indefinitely
    for his uncanny ability to hit clutch shot after clutch shot.

In Friday nights loss ot the San Antonio Spurs, Dan Langhi scored the first 50 points for the Suns. It was during halftime that the ruling came down from the league.

"Dan Langhi has been suspended for conduct detrimental to the Lakers. If Mr. Langhi were allowed to play, it would mean that the Lakers would not complete the 4 peat and I would not be paid my bonus by the Laker organization" said David Stern

Shaquille O'neal, for one was relieved , "How do you guard that guy? It's about time the league stepped in and made it more fair for the rest of the players" said O'neal.

Dan Langhi was unavailable for comment.

:D

6. Newgirl

Newgirl Member

For people who can watch this series on TV, has Amare Stoudemire even been double-teamed ONCE in the whole series?

And I noticed that TD only had 6 shot attempts and 11 pts today. I guess Suns must have sent doubles/triples to help out Amare on TD every single play for 48 mins right?

7. Buckets

Buckets Member

i dont think i have ever seen one team pay so much attention to a player since i saw shaq being guarded by the celtics by 3 people at once without the ball

duncan doesnt have shaqs power either, so those double teams can get rough for him. he does have some power and he does find the open man a lot, thats why he is making guys like jackson and ginobili look good.

the suns expected stoudemire to command double and even *laugh* triple teams. in a interview he said they didnt let me destroy them like in game 1.

the guy is cocky but generally a nice person especially to his family.

yao would have been much more humble with the reward i bet.

8. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

You guard him with Mark Madsen, of course.

9. jli

jli Member

One argument for amare to get the ROY is that he has to play the best PFs in the league all season. How come he cant guard TD on his own ? Is this the way he played the best PFs all seaon, with the help of one or two guards 48 mins ?

10. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

And Shaq didn't dominate Yao.

11. striker

striker Member

No Stoudemire has been getting man coverage, DRob when he's in and Malik a lot when DRobs out. They've given Amare space, taking away the drive/spin and forcing him to take a jumper which he hasn't developed yet. When Stoudemire adds a few more tools he'll be tough to stop but not yet. If he doesn't get easy looks on rolls, penetration drop offs, or get played up tight and is able to spin and doesn't get putbacks he can be controlled by a single, good interior defender.

TD is getting aggresively double and tripled teamed the minute he gets the ball. The Spurs have figured out how to bet this D though so likely the Suns will try mixing it up more. Duncan dominated the game with interior D, rebounding, and beautiful well timed passing out of the double/triple even while only taking six shots. Pretty friggin amazing performance.

#11 striker, Apr 26, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2003
  12. dn1282

dn1282 Member

Did anyone hear Sean Elliot say that Amare's baseline move on Duncan for a reversed dunk was "the best move I've seen all season long"??? Why do the ESPN "analysts" keep on jocking Amare so much?

"it's so amazing what he's done straight out of high school" blah blah blah...for god's sake man...the guy's 20 years old. He's not a freaking "regular high school senior" like kobe/kg/o'neal/rashard was. I'd like to see how much of a "man-child" (according to legler/elliot) Amare would be if he was 18. :rolleyes:

13. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

A series is never over til one team has won four games in the seven game series. The Spurs may of won pretty convincingly, but lets look no further then the Lakers/T-Wolves matchup where everyone including myself was predicting a sweep. Now the Wolves are in control yet they're only up by one game!

And look no further then the Rockets/Suns series when the Rockets were down 1-3 to the Suns and came back to win.

14. AGBee

AGBee Member

PREMATURE

How the hell did SA win 60 games? :confused:

15. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

They will be jocking Yao next year...and each year after that....

Don't worry.

16. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

17. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Maybe not, but JAKE VOSKUL will!!!!!!!

18. Asian Sensation

Crunch time with 2 mins or something left down 3 and during a time-out Frank Johnson says "were going to win" and has a huge smile on his face. And the Suns win. Thats some confidence.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Both 8th seeds looking good this year...a sure sign the league is watered down. :rolleyes:

C'Mon Phoenix kill the nerdz.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

C'mon Spurs, kill the terdz.