1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

can we Petition to get Calvin Murphy back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by apxn82, Nov 3, 2008.

1. apxn82

apxn82 Member

man I think he still got bout 500 miles more to go until he can be listenable. The guy is flat out dull!!!

2. keeyanballa08

keeyanballa08 Member

i asked calvin murphy when he was at the POD set up at UH after Ike that the rockets had set up if there was any chance that he could come back bc he brought life to commentating and he was like "NONONONO THATS DONE AND IN THE PAST"

3. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I used to like it when he'd say, "Bill...Bill...Bill..."

More like, "Bale...Bale...Bale..." hahaha. And when he says, "Now see...I got a problem with that!" "Everyone can have their opinion, it's just wrong." Or something along those lines.

Calvin's show...sometimes it's hard to listen to him talk over everyone, but I can't stop listening. They are just funny.

4. apxn82

apxn82 Member

Dude! I want Lil-C back to comment on the rocket games and that's that. Nothing more nothing less. While he commenting he can make us all laugh by wearing those clown suits of his. It's not like we want him back to be our dad or something. Whatever happen to his personal life stay personal to him and him only. I dont give a crap what he did after hour. Bill Clinton got BJs from younger chicks and we all still think he's a great president. At least when he was president, our economy was strong.

5. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Calvin is extremely hurt that in his time where it seemed how he had very few people to turn to, that the Rockets also turned their backs on him after kicking him out the door.

Ive heard him on his radio show comment how the Rockets 'do not care about their past', and how Rockets Legends were shown no love and even had the toughest time just getting tickets to games. He also mentioned the Rockets would never ever consider bringing him in to help players with their free throw shooting after a caller suggested it. He said only two players have asked for his expertise advice, one of which was Dream.

Its hard to disagree that the Rockets mistreat their past, after all they...
    -Traded Dream
    -Forced Rudy to step down
    -and turned their back on Calvin
    Just to name a few.

6. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Clyde's always like

"Did i mention . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Dude,

If you saw how Clyde doesn't interact with his children you would be amazed. Clyde is a horrible father and provides no direction for his children. His youngest son desparately wants to play basketball and Clyde does nothing to help him.

He's almost 6'3" at 14.

Relationship through marriage to one of his family members.

8. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

All of the people that are shunning Calvin are laughable. I could care less about what he does off the court. On the court he's a good commentator, off the court he's a deadbeat father. Who cares, the guy is funny. :)

My logic is infallible.

-[​IMG]

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Calvin is not coming back. That ship has long sailed.