1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Ty Lawson play alongside James Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Jul 25, 2015.

1. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

If you can play next to Westbrook you can play next to Lawson. Harden and Ty are not rondo and Ellis. Both are unselfish and can hit an open shot

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm ****ed up working right now I didn't mean to come at you like that if that was rude I was just hitting you with my opinion not tryin to bbholic you boo

4. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

5. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Westbrook is 6-3 and is a plus defender.

6. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Haha its all good!

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I was looking at it from an offensive perspective

8. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Ehh Harden played/started with Lin for a whole year in 2013 and just recently with Terry for 20+ games plus the playoffs, if Lawson can't be better than Lin or Terry then we have a big problem on our hands.

So not worried at all about Lawson's fit.

But I do think Beverley should start the game then have Lawson come off the bench but get starter minutes. If our 2nd unit can be Lawson, Thornton, Brewer, Jones and Capela it will be very effective and hella fun to watch.

10. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Agreed accept Jason Terry is a pure 3pt shooter/threat/spacer. Lin and Harden didn't work so great, that's why Beverly took his starting spot.

11. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

All about that second unit mentioned above. That's why we re-signed bev and traded for ty. DM the GM has a plan...

12. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Yup. Josh Smith fit better with the second unit too with a healthy D-Mo.

13. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

if you watched the 2015 all star game, james played alongside curry, and curry was the lead guard. Harden was catching alleys and playing off the ball shooting 3's.. beautiful to watch

while lawson may not be curry, his ballhandling is no joke and is up there some of the best in the league

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OFEjBRtcCFM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

according to the video i just posted we have 2 players who rank in the top 10 in handles and crossovers in the league.. lawson was ranked fairly high

14. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Curry+Harden was insane to watch during the allstar game so yes I believe they can definitely play alongside eachother. Harden's assist numbers will probably go down, aswell as some of his points... and the possibility of him never winning MVP, but what matters more is a title.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I'd rather Lawson be on the court the first 6 or 7 minutes, and Bev the 2nd half of the first quarter, that way Lawson has had rest when Harden sits at the start of the 2nd.

16. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Curry is the ideal backcourt mate for Harden because he's a shooter, playmaker and not a liability on defense. Lawson is a great playmaker but lacks in the other categories. He's perfect for our second unit in the Lin/Prigioni role.

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Curry was playing off guard, it's why his assists were so low, chris paul on the other hand...

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Curry is not a good defender he still gets hidden at all times, he just happens to
    Play on one of the best defensive teams ever so he doesn't get exposed. I really don't think there's much of a difference in terms of being a quality defender when comparing Lawson and curry. Honestly Lawson while shorter has about 15lbs of extra muscle on him and def the better athlete.

I think Ppl will be surprised at how well harden and lawson play together, in the NBA talent always wins plus harden is a very smart intelligent player he will find a way to make it work. I expect his efficiency to go way up similar to how
    Lebrons and wades were at all time highs when they played together in Miami.

19. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

I didn't say Curry was a good defender. I said he wasn't a liability. Lawson can be a liability. I think Harden and Lawson can kill teams at times on offense. However, for balance we should stagger their time on the floor together the way we did with Lin - another defensive liability.

20. Mattician

Mattician Member

I hope so. I'd like to see Harden play off the ball more.