1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can the Rockets acquire Devin Booker?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets1995, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

2. aroundtheblock2

To continue with the theme of the thread, I think the Rockets should seriously look into acquiring LeBron James and Anthony Davis this summer. Its really the only realistic option.

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

The Rockets are currently in the playoffs.

4. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I'd rather go for a more experienced guy. I'm very high on Lebron James, I think he's a good player...

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Can we bundle this with snt for pg?

Please?

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It'd be crazy to trade Ariza for Booker. Bad trade. No way they do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RasaqBoi likes this.
  7. bratna8

bratna8 Member

A bit too much for just Booker.

Might be able to do a 3-team trade with Cleveland and land LeBron and Booker if we're giving up Ariza.

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Jury is still out on him. We should look to acquire Antetokounmpo while he’s still an unknown.

Scola Scoops likes this.
  9. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

more down than up

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Troy Daniels for Ariza... do it Morey!

11. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I agree. He did an amazing job for Atlanta. He is a great coach, got COY and made good teams out of mediocre players with a couple good ones.

When Atlanta forced his hand into wanting to tank, gave him no good players is why they suck so hard this season. Which is also why he wants to leave. Atlanta wants to tank, Phoenix wants to start winning, Mike Budenholzer doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding tanking mindset franchise.

PHX and Mike is a perfect match & I think they could actually make a run for a playoff spot next season.

da_juice likes this.
  12. mockster

mockster Member

Ariza has got worse but he’s a player that can be super fustrasting to watch but also super satisfying as he can go off from deep, great hustler and can play some pretty good defense.

He’s also a good chemistry guy, he’s defiantly worth having

His drives and dribbling is cringe worthy but occasionally he will impress with a solid drive or finish, he’s just not super athletic in the air and he’s only dribbling straight, he’s got no jukes. Which surprises me after all these years but I guess some players just can’t

But he’s got championship experience and I feel like he’s a player who at least tries hard at the end of games, he’s had his clutch moments on offense and Defense in the 4th

Also I think he’s a pretty good passer, I think this goes for most of our role player guys, they are willing passers and are relatively smart with their passes. I think they pick up a lot from harden and Paul plus they acknowledge their roles on the team

#32 mockster, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I’m sure you believe that. What style will they be going with? In Atlanta they tried a SA/Popovich system initially...
    using Dwight Howard. Now Dwight Howard has a way of crushing the heart and souls of teams; what style
    will they be running in Phoenix?

Booker plus maybe Bagley III still results in losing. Share the ball of Pops in Phoenix results in garbage.
    No Tim Duncan or David Robinson or young Tony Parker or young Ginobli in Phoenix. Devin Booker
    is like Klay Thompson.....needs to play off a feature player. Doesn’t do as well when he is the featured
    player and every team is game planning against him.

Just saying it’s very bold to say that they won’t be losing next year. It’s questionable.

P.S. here is what COY means in the NBA
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.12b6854532b9

#33 ApacheWarrior, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Anybody willing to pony up max money for Booker will regret it.

He's a no defense playing chucker, nothing but empty calories. Phoenix is a better team with him on the bench.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

for a guy who just barely turned 21, i think its a tad bit early to draw this kind of judgement

16. Coach E

Coach E Member

Honestly Devin Booker wouldn’t have as big on an impact as you would hope for.

Paul George, Lebron or bust

17. Moleb

Moleb Member

That be a small line up. But that's the way the NBA is going.

18. seeingred

seeingred Member

19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

yea im sure PHX would love to trade us their future for some 2nd round picks

20. hakeemthagreat

If the Rockets can find a way to get Lebron, they can finesse their way into Devon Booker. I'd actually welcome Booker over Lebron. Lebron's the better player but Booker is younger and a better long term project that could blossom into a superstar soon.