1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can the 2012-13 Rockets beat this team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mike_lu, Sep 15, 2012.

Tags:
  1. sidestep

sidestep Member

Actually, Houston was the 4th worst in the entire league in giving up baskets at the rim. The league average was 15.6 ppg at the rim; Houston gave away 16.8. 1st place was Charlotte (19.5), 2nd was Sacramento (18.4), 3rd was New Jersey (17.1), according to HoopData. That's far from controlling the paint.

I'll wager those numbers will look better with Asik in the lineup.

2. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

It's a roster of players we've traded away or cut/amestied in the last year or so (+ a couple more that is likely to be waived before season start), vs our expected roster for 2012-13.

Personally, I think it's going to be closer than people think between the two teams.

3. jocar

jocar Member

PG: Lowry/Dragic > Lin/*cough*
    SG: Martin/Lee < Martin (reborn?)/Lamb
    SF: Budinger/Parsons < Parsons (improved?)/White
    PF: Scola/Hill/Patterson > Patterson(worked on inside game, also 20% more flavor crystals/D-Mo/Jones
    C: Camby/Dalembert > Asik/D-Mo

In 2 years I could see this team better at all positions except PG. Lowry/Drag combo is tough to beat, and I'm sure we'll pick up another solid C by then.
    Sound right, or am I bein too [​IMG]ish?