1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Texans make a play for Revis?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SK34, Jan 23, 2013.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The Jets are no where close to contention Swoly...they are just a total mess..and it starts with Sanchez...They really need to find someone to take that ridiculous contract, bc he really isnt a good QB...

Houston is a contender...but they have other glaring issues that they need to address...Looking like the Texans are just gonna stay put and work on getting Quinn back and work with the draft...this game plan has made us better...no reason it wont continue to do so...

2. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Forget Revis. He is coming off a major knee injury, isnt young anymore, and is honestly more trouble than he is worth (see holdout talk EVERY YEAR).

As many have said, improve the pass rush (ie. antonio smith and barwin), replace Cody with a NT that can actually hold his ground, and get better LB depth with guys who have some range (can actually play against the pass, bye bye Ruud and James) and our 2ndary will look MUCH better. That said, getting a ball hawking safety as both of ours are great against the run and just average against the deep ball, cannot be overlooked.

Im hoping we can get some more help for Watt on the Dline through the draft as well as adding LB depth. Our priorities should be to improve through the draft via a speedy WR, RG/RT, DE/NT, LB depth. In each round we should take the BPA at these positions, and then try to resign GQ. Hopefully Cushing can back at 95%, which is still much better than what we were rolling out at ILB.

3. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

they chose matt schaub over peyton manning.

they will say and do something stupid like na we dont want darelle revis, we good with kareem jackson.

its the houston texan way.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

How are we clearing the cap space for Revis? We would have to cut Antonio Smith and probably AJ to get the room. Or we could cut Antonio Smith and Joseph I guess as well.

Basically not going to happen due to cap space. We can't cut Schaub since his new contract is just starting next season as well.

5. htown1984

htown1984 Member

He is owe 6 million This Yr. (I dont think its that difficult if you think about it)
    Its just a one Year risk.... If it works it works it it doesnt hell be off the books
    next year....

Texans Have to learn how to take risks * this is how you win in the Game)

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's not just about taking risks.....it's about taking SMART risks. I think we all agree that trading DeMeco away, and cutting Eric Winston were also risks. Looking back now, I think those are risks you'd be really hesitant to make now that things have played out. This is the same way.....Antonio Smith is playing lights out, and I certainly don't want to lose him. Right now, the secondary is NOT place of concern. Now, if you're telling me we need to try and trade up for Jarvis Jones, that might be a risk I'd be willing to listen to.

7. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

It just happenin. It would be great though.

8. htown1984

htown1984 Member

yea i wouldnt mind trading up (as long as they take the risk) Look at atlanta
    I know thy didnt make it to the Super Bowl but a few years earlier after making the
    playoffs they trade up for Julio Jones... Which has helped them alot..

Just wish Houston was more aggresive

9. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

dont be dense, we all know jerrah will make some franchise crippling deal to get revis for the year and the girls will miss the playoffs, then fire everybody.. you dont build super bowl teams by racking up high priced dbs. our secondary is fine.. we need disruptive pass rushers.. we need a NT that can push the pocket back..

10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I guess you wanted Nnamdi too, and you would have traded and cut everybody just to get him, and look what happened, texans signed joseph and manning for Nnamdi money, and Nnamdi sucks now.

with those two firsts, we could draft better players than revis, and having kjax, that has improved a lot.

11. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Not really needed at the position and unlikely.

That being said, if possible to trade Tate or Schaub or just one 1st round pick for him, even as a rental, I'd go for it if I was the GM.

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Good thing you are NOT the GM.

13. GCWTexans

GCWTexans Member

Revis is on the last year of his contract that pays him $6 million with bonuses included. Revis's agent is already hinting that he wants a new contract worth $16 million a year. In addition, Revis current contract does not allow him to be franchise tagged at the end of his contract.

In other words with our current salary cap situation, there is absolutely no way we would be interested.

14. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Jarvis Jones has a major concern with his neck, one injury in the NFL and his career can be over the doctors told him not to continue playing yet he played. I know he had Demarcus Ware type explosiveness but he may fall out of the top 15. If we wanna trade up for a pass rusher Ziggy Ansah, Dion Jordan, and Damontre Moore are better bets.

Google Jarvis Jones's injury history I may be wrong about the neck but I know he has a major issue.

15. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

That's the third time you have said that stfu.

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/revis_wants_to_run_dash_N7JtAAmUowI7BwNng58MAP

NO THANKS!

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/revis_wants_to_run_dash_N7JtAAmUowI7BwNng58MAP

NO THANKS!

No team is stupid enough to pay that money to CB, well...the Bills can afford him and Mario:grin:

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

19. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

whats up with the triple posts?

1 person likes this.
  20. 713

713 Member

Revis to the Panthers for DeAngelo Williams and 2nd rounder + 4th rounder and a 2nd rounder 2014 .