1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Texans make a play for Revis?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SK34, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And I'm glad you are NOT the Texans' GM.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yes, because that never happened. Brady never beat our secondary with deep balls. He exploited Son Of Bum's terrible plan of covering RBs and TEs with LBs all game long. Joseph and Jackson actually played good games. Quin played a pretty good game too......I would say if there was one weak point in the secondary, it was Danieal Manning. He just could not stay with Aaron Hernandex whatsoever, and he was consistently getting caught out of position. However, overall, it was a piss poor scheme.....not the secondary's play.

3. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Do you think you have a chance of getting a Revis type of player with a late 1st. Good luck bro.

I'd trade 2sts, Tate and Kjax for Revis

Cut Antonio and Walter and we should be good salary wise, draft Smith's replacement Margus Hunt in the 2nd round.

Imagine the two best Defensive players on one team!!!! Watt and Revis!!!

4. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

lol. I'd imagine you'd trade your entire draft every year for 1 really good player. This isn't Madden.

5. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Lol i'm not serious, I'm 100 percent positive Kubiak would never trade a 1st round pick for any thing. But honestly if If the Texans have a chance to trade for a top 3 defensive player I'd do it.

And i'm not r****ded. I know a draft pick to a coach is like a new born son to a father.

6. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

7. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

For the Jets, this is the worst time to try to trade Revis. His trade value is probably at the lowest it will ever be due to his ACL injury. I'd offer a 2013 2nd round, 2014 2nd round, and Tate for Revis and hope the Jets bite.

8. SK34

SK34 Member

If revis is anything like he used to be.. there is no reason, Texans should not try to get him. Okay, I might be wrong that he didn't beat our secondary w/ deep ball but i was just trying to say random things cause I like revis and I want him on the texans. the way that he plays, makes the teams play better. Him, Cushing, Watt.. that will make this teams defense very very good. I believe we can find the right LBs in the draft as there have been steals in the 2nd and 3rd round lately.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

As mentioned, a lot of that had to do with our depleted LB corp being unable to cover RBs and TEs. Also, our 2 best backup CBs in McCain and Ball were injure (though Ball was playing special teams). Our starters are fine.

It would be awesome to have Joseph, Kareem, and Revis back there, but if you already have 2 really good CB's, it doesn't make much sense to spend cap space on another CB when you're only going to play 2 of them when you're in your Base 3-4. When money is limited and your starters as strong at a particular position, to look to spend money elsewhere.

Look at the Eagles. They signed Nnamdi Asomugha when they had Asante Samuel and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. Cool that they had 3 really good CBs but they tried trading Samuel before (and during) the season and ended up trading him after the season for virtually nothing because they knew they couldn't realistically keep 3 pro bowl caliber cornerbacks on the roster.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

doesn't matter how good your CBs are, if there is no pass rush then it won't matter.

11. Pringles

Pringles Member

There is no reason to trade for him. He makes too much money. If we get him, then we need to get ride of J-Jo.

12. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

No pass rush, no chance especially against the top QBs.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

But having the ability to have Revis, Jackson, and Joseph might create a better pass rush. With Jackson's hitting, you could consider moving him to safety, especially if Quinn is not re-signed.

It would obviously take a lot to get Revis, but I sure as hell wouldn't be against improving the defense. A better defense in the last month would have made up for the offensive shortcomings. I realize a lot of that was due to poor LB play. I believe you can make up for that much easier in the draft than you can other places.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And you would be a DUMBASS......You can get a ILB, CB, and a Safety for Revis money.

15. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

The Jets don't have a good pass rush and were still pretty good when Revis was on the field.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Give them Schaub, we'll take Revis.

17. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Slow down partner, Revis is the reel deel

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not a feasible option but he's one of the few defensive players you have to gameplan around. His impact on the game is incredible. Just for fun, it's interesting to think about Revis & Watt on the same team, arguably the 2 most impactful defenders in the game.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Aging veteran. Would be willing to play for a contender at a pay cut, I believe. I think it would be possible, but not probable. :eek: He's OK where he is now, sees possible contention for championship. Won't come to Houston.

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Move JJo down to safety...let Quinn walk...and have Kareem and Revis Flank the outside??? hmmm...im game...for Madden!!

Too bad a one year rental is not what our team can afford... the Texans have significant needs in the middle of the field...Revis would be nice...but just not right now...

If he was traded he would be worth a 1st rounder minimum...but the risk of him leaving is a scary proposition for any team...How the Jets let Revis add a no franchise clause into his contract in 2010 is just amazing...This is why GMs shouldnt do things like that...they loose arguably their best player on a stipulation/demand made by a player in the middle of his contract...the Jets are a total mess..

The Texans can keep Quin for much more of a cheaper price tag with long term security...I can see letting Barwin go...and trying to get Smith to restructure his contract...