1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can someone post the ESPN insider article on the Rockets' pursuit of Bosh?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by elvis, May 3, 2010.

1. escadawg

escadawg Member

Are Yao and Hakeem really going to show as well? I think that would make things interesting, but I wonder if that's just stuff that makes for a better article than reality...

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Why is that horrible? That's how much he is going to make no matter where he goes......he's a top-tier free agent.

3. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

The Rockets should do one of those trades where you send Battier to the Raptors to make the salaries work, they buy Battier out, and he resigns for the vet min.

Pipe dream...I know.

4. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

i wished morey used all of the rockets legends to teach yao post up moves instead of using these guys just to get bosh.

5. jedicro

jedicro Member

Are you suggesting that Yao is lacking in post moves/skills?

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Forget just Yao and Hakeem. Morey needs to bring the entire team to Bosh's front door.

Who's up for Bosh-napping? ;)

7. acefan18

acefan18 Member

I'll bring the black cloth sack, and sketchy looking van!!!

8. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I think it will be interesting to see if Toronto tries to send Hedo in the deal for Bosh. If Bosh comes out and tells them he wants to go to Houston, they pretty much have to work out some sort of deal with us. I guess it will depend on how much Bosh signs for and that will determine what parts we have to send to them.

I know Hedo makes a lot but im trying to figure out if I would like him on our team.... I mean he does bring playmaking ability and some scoring in a tall player. Could be a matchup problem. Trying to see him, Bosh, and Yao (and possbily Martin) on the floor together. I think Yao and Bosh could hold down the paint on D.

9. battousai

battousai Member

What Bosh did was actually pretty good for us, because it sent a signal to the Raptors that Bosh isn't coming back for sure. This also opens the door like an invitation to teams around the league to start probing the possibility of acquiring Bosh.

We can't speak with Bosh directly yet, but now it opens the door to formerly acquiring Bosh from Raptors. They can't still playing that denial card and weighing the options.

Morey Show us once again your true power!!! Imagin we acquired Bosh via Hill plus filters. Knicks would be pissed because they could of done that themselves.

10. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

First of all, Dick Justice is an idiot and I wish someone would make him go away.

Second, why does it seem like whenever it is heavily publicized that we are going for someone we don't end up with him (Iggy/Butler...). I am beginning to think these are smoke screens. I hope we are going after DWade. I know, most of you will have reasons why we can't/won't get him but if someone would have said at the trade deadline we were after Martin we would have heard "the Kings already said they weren't moving him so be quiet". Wade won a ring with a dominate big man and if he thinks Yao can come back to pre-surgery form then we could have a chance. Just trying to think/dream outside the box. Of course it would most likely be sign and trade so we would lose people but that's the case with Bosh too.

11. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

as a side note, has there ever been an "insider" piece worth its salt?