1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Can Morris play at his elite level consistently?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zacatecas, Oct 13, 2002.

1. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

That is why Boki is going to the IR to start. Barring an injury he will see very little playing time. That is not a bad thing; we just should understand that he will be contributing next year. IF Rice is ready to play and is hitting that jumper then playing him more at the backup 2 makes sense.

I am just happy that soon the media will add Tmo's name to EG's when they are mentioning talented up and coming players on the team.

2. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

It is a logjam at the forward spots, no doubt about it. Talent is abundant at the forward positions.

Mobley and Francis are 20 point scorers. Ming is going to be a 20 point scorer. Therefore, that leaves the forwards to anchor the team with defense. In my opinion the best defenders of the forwards are Morris and Griffin.

Therefore at PF Taylor, Griffin, and Thomas will battle it out.

At the SF Thomas, Rice, Morris, Nachbar will battle it out.

I could understand the team sitting down Nachbar because he's a rookie. But it is going to be a battle with the other 3 guys. That is if Morris plays the type of game he can play.

3. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Yes, that's the way it sounds to me. RT talked Boki up but also talked about his injury. TMo has played himself into an active roster spot and the rotation. With MT missing 5 games, KT and EG will be at PF, and Rice and TMo will be at SF... :cool:

4. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I think Morris will get about ten minutes per game behind Rice and Kenny at the three. Some of those minutes might go to Boki as the season progresses.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Great. If League Pass doesn't broadcast any preseason games and Boki ends up starting the season on the IR, I will never ever see this guy play!

6. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

I did read in the chronicle today where they were saying that Boki's injury has not yet fully recovered. So, Boki starting the season on the IR is not out of the question.

Terrence Morris is definatley playing good. As long as he hits his shots fairly decently, Morris will have a spot on a lot of NBA teams.

7. codell

codell Contributing Member

Rudy does indeed like to stockpipe players with good potential on the IR until he has a need for them. Classic Rudy.

8. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Bostjan Langhi... :(

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Where is the Cat, the Rocks' small ball 3?

10. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Small ball was played out of default. That's when Norris, Francis, and Mobley were better than any other combination of SF's. Williams, Langhi, Rice, Morris, and years before with Bullard; so Mobley had to take the SF position an score a few baskets.

Small ball was the Rockets admitting that they didn't have the personel to match up, so they just threw out their best fire power.

This year Morris is more mature, Rice is coming off sucessfull surgery, Thomas has gotten himself into SF shape, and Nachbar was a key figure in the European final four last year.

Talent wise, there isn't going to be a need to play small ball this year. Of course, that is assuming the team doesn't implode.