1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can I ask you guys (Rox fans) an honest question?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SFbaybum, May 13, 2019.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Next question!!!

Tfor3, Deckard and topfive like this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm pretty certain that if the Rockets had won the series last year with the bulk of the questionable calls and non-calls going in our favor, Warriors fans would hope that their team would step up and say something. Morey probably figured that rather than just making claims that could be seen as specious, he'd check the data to see if there was validity to his eye-test observations. When the data showed the claims to be valid, he proceeded in taking it to the league.

The league, if they had fairness in mind, would conduct a similar study rather than just fall back on their assumption that the refs show no bias (conscious or unconscious) towards certain popular teams.

Tfor3, slothy420, Richie_Rich and 2 others like this.
  3. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

They said the same thing about Hakeem. Dump the ball in to him and get out the way was horrible basketball. Yet it won two championships.

SFbaybum, jcf and Deckard like this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Found OP's first-ever ClutchFans post and am now pissed off that I wasted valuable life-minutes responding to him:

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we embellish obvious contact, especially when it doesn't get called. especially when it doesn't get called series after series, year after year for the league's cash cow.

but at least we are in no way epic douchebags..

slothy420, Richie_Rich, MC31B and 2 others like this.
  6. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The foul conspiracy goes back to 'hack a Howard's but the rockets are cursed from the Howard days. The disrespect harden receives is because he was Superman's right hand man.

I will admit cp3 is a better influence as a family man.

7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Nope. Glad you responded the way you did. You gave facts, were classy and had honest questions about OP looking in the mirror about his own team.

I think it’s important that we as fans show that side of who we are. We are not just fans that complain about the officiating or are not accountable with our own team. As far as the report goes, hopefully OP knows that was based off of what the league presented to the Rockets.

Even if he’s trolling (I don’t really care) I think his post deserved the type of answers and questions you laid out.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

I mean, it's pretty silly really. Every fan of every team would prefer that his team's stars never flop or try to get unearned foul calls. But he drags that up as the big nasty reason why people like himself hate Harden and he really wants to know if Rockets fans are so damn blind that we can't see it, while he simultaneously overlooks the fact that many players in the modern NBA indulge in that.

Even that wouldn't be so obnoxious if he weren't so disingenuously trying to pass off Draymond's mouth as the only thing people could possibly have fault with regarding the Warriors.

#28 topfive, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
  9. Homey the Clown

Never was a fan of it but it is what it is.

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

James will exaggerate for a call at times, no doubt, we all see it. That said, he is fouled so often and it’s not called it’s ridiculous.

I’ve never seen Harden do this...

And you’re right...Draymond b****es and moans so often he’s trained the refs to not call a tech on him. Most players in the league would be tossed as quickly as you could say tech. It’s brilliant and ridiculous by Green all at the same time.

Just be honest about your own team OP. I promise you Curry is no choir boy and you guys get away with more than most teams.

11. amaru

amaru Member

I tire of watching a coach not making simple coaching adjustments.

I tire of watching role players cast up terrible shots with no consequences.

I tire of watching poor rotation switches at key moments.

SFbaybum likes this.
  12. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

What do rockets have to do in order to gain respect with the media.

Where was the outcry when warriors used hack a Howard?

I'm glad they paid danuel house.

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Ditto... I actually hate the concept but if it leads to us being perennial contenders, I have to go with it!

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Lol. I have no doubt Warriors fans see that as Curry imitating Harden to try to draw the call Harden always gets when he flails and flops on every shot.

That's not Steph Curry flopping, that's Steph Curry metaflopping.

malakas likes this.
  15. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Not surprised OP dropped the bait and hasn’t been back since.

16. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Your a fan of another team, WHY are you on a Houston rockets board? L FOR THAT.......

17. smp

smp Member

It’s an ugly offense- I’ll give you that. The question you should be asking is why would a team resort to such tactics?

The Warriors were a great team. They were built through the draft. They grew together. They won together. I actually used to like them.

Then they brought in KD. That’s when they lost my respect. The team with the best record gets KD and gives up nothing.

So now tell me what teams are supposed to do to combat that? They have to come up with some sort of gimmick because you can’t bring in 4 Allstars in free agency plus have Iggy off the bench. The Rockets had to look for an advantage on the court or go Tonya Harding off the court. They chose the gentleman’s route. That’s the ugly ass iso, 3, and drawing fouls offense nobody really likes. KD broke the game by teaming up with 3 other Allstars. The Rockets reacted.

If that wasn’t bad enough, GS brought in Cousins for peanuts. Talk about ridiculous. GS was everything right about the NBA. They are now the example of everything wrong with it.

The owners need to lock out the players and take the game back. They need NFL structure. They need to be able to cut players who aren’t performing. They need a hard salary cap. No maximum in contracts. Make the players disperse across the league. Encourage parity. Get rid of super teams.

GS is an abomination. It’s a bunch of b****es too scared to step out and be the man. So they all take less and group up together to ensure they don’t have any competition. It’s like playing 2k with the user sliders on. So **** that and **** GS.

18. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Gtfo. That’s what we think.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  19. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Heck Phil Jackson essentially wrote a book on how he hated Tomjanovich ball of forcing it to the post then kick it out for a three...

...somethings never change about how the narrative of Rockets playing "ugly" basketball

20. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Only thing we tired of is losing to the Warriors..