1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Durant catch Kobe - Scoring Title

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Icehouse, Apr 16, 2012.

1. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sigmund View Post
    Durant is taking more shots this year than last.

Where are you getting this from?

Durant took 1538 shots last year in 78 games. That comes out to an average of over 19.7 shots per game.

This year, Durant has taken 1168 shots in 60 games. That comes out to an average of 19.4 shots per game.

If you are going to come to a board an make certain assertions at least have the facts to back it up. Unless of course you never passed elementary algebra...then my bad?

Yes it was.

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Go KD! 3rd in a row :)

3. red_alertz

red_alertz Member

durant will win a few a couple, i doubt he will catch kobe though, although kobe is the greatest ever to play the game, he was still fortunate to have shaq earlier in this career, westbrick won't cut it

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

29 points against the Suns tonight. KD is now 19 points behind Kobe's current average, which doesn't mean as much since he's returning Friday at San Antonio while OKC is at Sacramento.

Now it's a shootout instead of KD just chasing an average.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

If OKC didn't have to play for #1 seed, the entire team would make a more concerted effort to get KD the scoring title.

But hey, Kobe will play sometime soon, as soon as this Friday. The entire team is scoring so well so Kobe may ease up a bit, allowing KD to catch him.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i really hope durant catches him. ive been following it for a while. i doubt it but maybe kobe comes back a little rusty. it is kobe

7. rocketkid713

rocketkid713 Member

8. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

Kobe is so selfish, he is probably sitting on his ass, and holding on his scoring lead

9. kcplayoffs

kcplayoffs Contributing Member

lol, there is russell westbrook in the team,dude...

durant is trying to catch kobe's scoring mode back in 6 year ago...

want to compare with kobe? struggle a few more years...and then ..he will realize "well, i am not going to score 30+ 40+ every game, my goal is Championship"

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

After Kobe's 18 and KD's 29, Kobe remains ahead 27.9 to 27.8. KD needed 36 to take the lead so he is now 7 points behind.

Tune in Sunday.

11. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

That game really matters for playoff positioning as well. Should be a good game.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This will turn out like a mini memorial Gervin-Thompson duel for the scoring title, both goin for 40+. Lookin forward to Sunday.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yah big game today. Hoping harden will lock down Kobe you know they are talking about it.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

KD with 35 today. Kobe with 26. KD takes over the scoring lead 27.906 to 27.862. Kobe is 3 points behind.

OKC has two games left: Tue & Wed at home against the Kings and Nuggets. I think KD might sit out the finale.

Lakers have one game left at Sacramento on Thursday. Kobe will have the final say on the scoring title unless KD erupts on Tuesday and puts it out of reach.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Sad both guys had to jack up a bajillion shots b/c both CLEARLY wants to score points to win the scoring title.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Kobe scored less but he made the shots that mattered, for a win..

17. SacTown

SacTown Member

Of course. And Westbrick took the ball out of Durant's hands when it mattered.

18. lalala902102001

I didn't get that feeling at all while watching the game yesterday. Both were shooting poorly. Kobe forced some shots early like he usually does but most of their shots were in the flow of the game.

19. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

KD with 32 at the end of the 3rd. Thunder are also losing, so I would expect him to play more.

I think it's a wrap ladies & gents.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

KD asked Scott Brooks to keep him in.