1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Durant catch Kobe - Scoring Title

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Icehouse, Apr 16, 2012.

1. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

All I'm trying to say is that you are trying to create a argument out of nothing. It's not my fault that you an infatuation with Westbrook. I'm all for Durant taking more shots, because simply put, he's a better shooter and a bigger threat to score. All this does is support my argument from the start. Honestly, I have no idea what you are arguing about and I don't even think you know what you are arguing about anymore.

Do yourself a favor and go grab some tissue. boohoo.

2. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

honestly man, what is wrong with guy? hahaha

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm infatuated with WB? Who mentioned him first?

Sniff! I need more tissue.

4. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

Apparently you do. All I did was mention Westbrick and you came running out of nowhere to defend him...of course, to no avail.

5. what

what Member

It escapes his mind that we used westbrick to defend our position on the actual thread topic, whereas he comes out of nowhere defending westbrick for no apparent reason.

I still don't understand his position as it relates to this thread.

6. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

Maybe we should play his game and argue about whatever it is he is trying to argue about. Though I get the feeling that it would be similar to talking to a wall. Ok, that was kind of mean...just a little.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

After stinking up the 2nd half, KD is now 21 points under Kobe. He'll need to average 32 points the final 5 games to tie where Kobe is now.

1 person likes this.
  8. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

What exactly are you trying to prove now or are you just updating the thread for the sake of updating this thread?

9. mokalus

mokalus Member

10. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Why are you such a douche? This thread is about Kevin Durant possibly catching Kobe for the scoring title, he posts an update, and your vagina starts bleeding again.

1 person likes this.
  11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Was there a post deleted or something, why was this warranted?

12. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

See my quoted post above. I know you really really hate the Thunder, but you don't need to resort to playground antics.

13. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

I'm afraid you'll have to come to terms with the fact that, while on the internet, most people are douches if they get to be anonymous. These three would never argue about something so stupidly banal if they were face to face.

Here's how this thread should have gone:

Post 1: Can Durant catch Kobe for the scoring title?

Post 2: Yes he can, if he scores X points more than Kobe over the next six games, which is entirely plausible for a player of Durant's caliber.

/thread

Instead... this.

1 person likes this.
  14. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

the more interesting scoring question is whether kobe's injury will allow for the continuation of a somewhat crazy streak. last year lebron finished 2nd in total points. the year before that he finished 2nd in total points. and the year before that. and the year before that. and the year before that. and the year before that. and the year before that. iirc, he's finished 2nd in total points 7 years in a row, which seems almost impossible to do unless you have 2 runaway scorering leaders and 1 always finishes first and the other second. but 4 different people (including lebron) have won scoring titles over that stretch. this season it looked like he had no chance to catch kobe and durant, but kobe's shin injury turned that around.

also, for someone with 54 posts in 4.5 years, cooliobob managed to pack a lot of "annoying" into one thread.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yall all *****es.

And... "Yes he can, if he scores X points more than Kobe over the next six games, which is entirely plausible for a player of Durant's caliber."

16. lalala902102001

Rather than worrying about the scoring title, Durant should think about how his team can play better. They are 5-5 in the last 10 games.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Especially after hitting bottom against the Clippers.

18. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

I don't think media mention Kobe's 2 scoring titles a lot. Even the number of all star appearance has more references. I doubt he cares another one at this age. It's either champion or another wasted year.

19. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I don't think it's him who is worried about it. I would say his fans are the one's who are worried about it.

20. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

Why don't you go back and read the entire thread before making certain assertions. I'm not the one that started the ruckus. I gave my simple answer and somebody came out of left field to turn this argument into something totally unrelated.