1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Chandler Parsons be the third scoring option in a championship team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketboi, Jul 14, 2012.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has 4, 5 inches on that guy

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He can be a rotational player on a championship team - nothing more. Definitely not a starter.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Patience, it will all become apparent soon. If his shot improves a lot then maybe. If not he is still a starting SF in this league.

4. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

THIS THREAD LMFAO.

5. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

Yes. He has the clutch gene. He seems like the kind of player that wants the game winning shot.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Right. He's nowhere near the level of a DeShawn Stevenson, Jaren Jackson, Bruce Bowen, Fabio Oberto, etc.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yes!

(An NCAA championship team.)

8. raining threes

We dont know,

My guess is that Donuts would be the 3rd guy. However if Parsons develops his jumpshot he could become a viable 3rd option.

A lineup of

Parsons
    Donuts
    Howard
    Lee
    Paul

That's a potent lineup offensively. And they should be very good defensively. 3 shotblockers on the frontline and the G's are good defensively too.

9. Machado

Machado Member

At his peak, Chandler Parsons is an NBA 6th Man of the Year.

Granted, he'll be needed off the bench. But that's about the extent of it. I don't see his ceiling being that high.

10. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Just about nobody thinks he can be the third scoring option... But that's not to say he can't become the starting small forward on a championship team. Those are two very different things.

Usually nowadays with contending teams you need two stars minimum and a reliable bench scorer (Jason Terry/James Harden, etc.), which is not Parson's piece of cake. But if his ability to facilitate the ball, play good defense, and be a spot up shooter matures well, i can see him playing good minutes on a championship team.

11. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

He can be better than sefolosha and battier (if he isn't already) and they both just started in the NBA finals.

12. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Yes he can be 3rd option on a team...his stats improved every month as well as his percentages...I been fan of his since his college days with (my fav) gators...the biggest knock on him (besides ft's) has been him not being shooting enough...he has the shot and trust me u don't have to have perfect form to score, as long as he learns to release at same time and point he can train himself to shoot better which is easier than changing ur whole form...he actually didn't shoot bad percent anyways...I don't know what his ceiling is as a scorer but he can be a solid contributor...and as far as how hard he is willing to work, u can bet he will always be one of the hardest workers during the off season to improve his game...he has great drive and love of the game (which is obvious), he will continue to get better...the thing about parsons is that he is a team player and will do what the coach asks him to do so if they give him a bigger role on offense he will fill that role. Already showed fearlessness in the clutch last season as a rookie, I think that is saying something because not everyone has the balls to take clutch shots especially a guy who was a rookie

13. monster

monster Member

This is my guess too, but who knows. I'd be happy if he were Battier-like.

14. cardpire

cardpire Member

3 pages and no mention of the fact that he's probably going to be on the magic?

15. Happii

Happii Member

His ceiling is probably like Thabo Sefolosha. Good defender but dunno if his even an option on a championship game.

16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Compare his capabilities as a 3rd scorer to the other teams. Is he as good of a scorer as bynum,harden,manu,bosh? That's ur answer.