1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Can Bosh be RAPTOR BOSH again?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket River, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He has deferred and become a major role player

Do you think he has it in him to be the player he was in Toronto?
    We know he has the skills
    Does he have the will.

If he leaves or is traded will he be Miami Bosh or Raptor Bosh

I would trade for Raptor Bosh but unless he came cheap you can keep Miami Bosh [by cheap I mean not what he getting paid now]

Rocket River

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He use to have a post game. People don't like post game.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

To both of your questions: No and no. At age 30 and getting older, he doesn't have the energy or will to put out like he did 6-7 years ago. He can't be the focal point of an offense doesn't rebound on D anymore.

Bosh is now a very poor man's Kevin Love.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

what's the point of having a 6'11 jumpshooter that has stated he doesn't wanna bang in the key anymore

5. BinBinRingRing

I always thought mid range jumper was his go-to-move ever since he was in Toronto. Its just a matter of how many shots he get per game.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If it is no . . . then no more Max contracts for him.
    Meaning he will not opt out.

Which leads to the next question . . . . is he a 10 mil a year guy now? 8 mill?

Rocket River
    I think he is still 'servicable'

7. Nook

Nook Member

Well there is a good chance someone would give him very close to the max. Hell, if the Rockets strike out on Love and Melo, I could see the Rockets clearning cap space to offer him close to max money.

His biggest issue is that he just doesn't have the drive or desire to be a 23/11 type player anymore. He has deferred, and has no problem doing so. Now, I will say he still defends (in fact better than he did in Toronto) but he is now only a jump shoot (although a good one).

Honestly, if he is leaving Miami, the Rockets are about the perfect fit for him. He will get plenty of open jumpers off of Howard. He would be a defensive up grade and is very long. He would be able to take on a bigger offensive load when he feels like it, and revert to defender/jump shoot the 75% of the time he feels like it.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

To a team like the Rockets who feel Bosh might be the final piece of a championship puzzle, he could be worth ~$14-15 million/year. Maybe more if it became a bidding war.

He will definitely opt out and guarantee his 5-year payday somewhere. Probably in Miami.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Rockets would require more out of him.
    I agree. completely. Dunno if they will come off 15 Mill for him through

I prefer Bosh over Melo . . . With Bosh out defense is much better

The Rockets don't need more scoring .. they need more STOPPING POWER

Rocket River

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

As a stretch 4 that knows how to pass the ball and play intelligently, Bosh would fit the Rockets really well. But, IMO, the Rockets need another closer besides Harden. Melo would be that guy. No team in the NBA would have two defenders that could stop both. I agree with you on D that the Rockets need to move T-Jones and get a player that isn't a complete joke of a defender.

I don't think either guy wants to come here though.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Bosh plays like a p***y 4. Rocket fans wet dream

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

How would you describe T Jones on defense? I'm guessing a spoiler would be needed.

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

Yes. If he came here, he'd drop a ton of weight and go back to his glory days.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Two steps above Harden
    TJones plays bigger than Bosh. Next.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He needs to get stronger. He was told that 3 pointers are better than midrange jumpers. So now he's a watered down gallinari.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Not gallinari, bargnani I meant

For some odd reason rockets crave that stretch mythical 4. I'm pretty sure it's a dumbass stats based article that's pouring thru our kitchen sinks.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

If Dwight Howard isnt even like "Magic" Howard anymore, hard to expect Bosh be "Raptor" Bosh. Bosh hasnt been too injury prone in his career, but not expecting Karl Malone type longevity of excellence winning MVP's at age 35. He can be a good #2 on a good team, an okay #1 on a #7/8 playoff seed team. For some teams like Charlotte that want to get out the basement and be "competitive", that might be enough for them.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Bosh is the modern day version of this guy:

[​IMG]

He is precisely what we need.

19. smr6

smr6 Member

20. Tuan

Tuan Member

Not really. Sheed was a great defensive player as well when he was with the Pistons. Bosh doesnt play D or rebound. I dont see why anyone would want him on the Rockets.