1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can anyone put the "YAO got tackled" clip to Youtube?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by flyant, Mar 5, 2007.

1. tsunami

tsunami Member

Come on, how could it be "clean", if Z hit the ball first, and hit Yao's body, I'd agree w/ you. But it's so obvious that Z hit Yao's leg first, and then grabbed the ball when Yao was falling. Do we watch the same video?

2. big11

big11 Contributing Member

Of cause Z intentionally hurt Yao, he grabbed Yao's leg! He is a dirty player and should not be allowed to play in this league. As of Z and his wife, that's their own business. I'm just stating the fact. I do not have any ill feeling toword that.

3. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

He grabbed Yao's leg because he was trying to keep himself up. I doubt he intended to hurt the big guy.

4. ysong00

ysong00 Member

i didn't think that was really a dirty play.. ppl fall over like that all the time. i mean, if your 7'3 and on the floor trying to grab a ball, its understandable that you might grab someones leg in the process. kind of like trying to block a shot but hitting the guy in the head by accident (yao and shaq do this all the time)

WOW ACTUALLY, i just watched it again, and it was a CLEAN strip of the ball. just the resulting body of big Z being there is what yao tripped over... still definitely a foul, but Z never tried to pull yao down. its pretty obvious in the video... i guess i was just brainwashed into thinking it was an intentional tackle by the announcers (like most ppl in this thread).

so why do you think his such a dirty player anyways? other than this incident, has he done stuff before?

5. ysong00

ysong00 Member

Yep, ive watched it over and over, and big Z definitely did NOT grab yao's legs and pull him down. he cleanly slapped the ball away, but then Yao tripped over big Z's body.

I think every one here should watch the video again, as it is VERY clear, and give big Z a break. It still IS a foul tho, and probably cost the rockets the game.

6. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

Actually it didn't look like a foul. He knocked the ball away and then the collison happened so I'm not so sure it was a foul. Thank god Yao didn't get injured though.

7. tsunami

tsunami Member

Are you kidding? Z hit Yao's leg first, and then grabbed the ball.

8. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

It should've been called a foul, refs were giving homecourt advantage for sure tonight

9. leeallen

leeallen Contributing Member

Go watch it again! Watch the left hand

10. ysong00

ysong00 Member

his left hand doesn't look like its pulling yaos leg down at all... if anything, in the second angle (from the floor), the only part you see big Z's left hand is when it looks like it is actually trying to hold up yaos leg..(its really just falling in front of yao's thigh)

just slow motion step through it and you will see that he never grabs or pulls down any part of yaos legs. DONT BE BRAINWASHED BY THE ANNOUNCERS PEOPLE!!!!!

11. tinypure

tinypure Contributing Member

As Kidd said, the refs were sometimes blind.
    Clearly the refs were definitely intentionally blind at tonight's game.
    But are you blind or just intentionally blind too?

12. chiorsung

chiorsung Member

I do not know what you are ****ing talking about. You can not undercut somebody to get a steal. It will be extremly dangerous if NBA allows this to happen again. Thinking about players will dive (undercut) for steals without worrying about collison after that dive. Wade or LBJ will be in hospital all the time.

13. ysong00

ysong00 Member

lol are you blind? he cleary hits the ball away first, then yao trips over his body. at no point did he intentionally hit yaos leg

14. ysong00

ysong00 Member

so what are you saying im blind to? that big z grabbed yaos legs? cause he clearly didn't. i'm not saying its not a foul, it is definitely a foul cause you cant be getting steals like that, but i thought the argument here was about whether he intentionally grabbed yaos legs to pull him down, which he didn't

15. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

actually he did, not intentionally, but if you watch you can see his right foot slip and he begins to fall on his way down he grabs Yao's waist/right thigh with his left hand. then Z hits the ball with his right hand and yao falls over him.

16. chiorsung

chiorsung Member

By the way, slow motion of the video shows that Big Z blocked yao's way before the so called clean steal!!! Big Z lost his balance, extremely extended his whole body and blocked (undercut) yao's way. If you cannot see that as a foul, I really doubt if you have any BBall experience or IQ?LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Well, WHY all these heated arguement ?? Yao Ming said it. It was a foul, missed and not called by the referees. Dirty play ? Intentionally to hurt Yao Ming ? Not really. When players played on the court, all they did at an instant were to try to interfere, or halt the offensive opponents making a shot. Big Z, a few steps away from Yao Ming, lost his position, could do nothing to stop Yao Ming making his movement towards the basket; so in his flash of reactive reflex, stooped and took out Yao Ming in his mid-part, grabbed his leg, poked at the ball, and Yao Ming tripped and fell onto the floor. As simple as that.

18. theWIGMAN

theWIGMAN Member

Definitely a foul. Not intentionally dirty. But a dangerous, bonehead move by Z, so not necessarily "clean" either, IMO.

BTW, I really don't get people who say it was a "clean" strip while at the same time acknowledging that there was a foul. Good ol' logic keeps tellin' me if it's a foul then it wasn't clean ... cuz a clean foul would be an OX, You MORON. ... Also, if you undercut someone, does it really matter if you get all-ball while you're taking his legs out? A dumbass move is still a dumbass move isn't it?

19. TYAOC

TYAOC Member

F*uck! I watched this vid more than 10 times and I can't believe this is not a foul.

20. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

rockets would of won if it wasn't for that really really bad call, Z made a really reckless and dangerous move, can you imagine the blood houston rockets fans would want if yao ended up breaking his collarbone or wrist or somehting. But anyways the bad officiating in the last quarter cost us the game as we reallly had the momentum, but if we played like we did in the 4th for all the quarters we would of been up by 20 anyway