1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can anyone put the "YAO got tackled" clip to Youtube?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by flyant, Mar 5, 2007.

1. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

What is boils down to is that if LJ was the one falling down, they would have given the other guy a flagrant foul.

2. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

3. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pt9So1GpsPs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pt9So1GpsPs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

4. big11

big11 Contributing Member

I know his wife just had a miscarriage, but does big Z really need to take it out on Yao? Imagine Yao've gotten injure because of his dirty play, Z would be hated by half the world...

5. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

OOOH ****.. i take back my "clean" steal thought back... I was watching FSN OHIO and the replays they had seemed like a clean steal... wow but that was a f*king tackle :eek: :eek:

6. thatboyz

thatboyz Contributing Member

i don't think bringing up his wife's miscarriage is at all necessary, and it's actually really quite stupid.

7. aboinamedray

aboinamedray Contributing Member

im a diehard rox fan and i must admit i would be glad if dirk got hurt but you even mentioning what you did is pretty low

8. Astockmarketgod

It was a clean strip... but he took out Yao's legs... that should have been a foul...

I would say its the same as... when a guy gets all ball on a block... but then causes contact with the body by crashing into the shooter...and thus a foul...

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

From what i saw in the linked Youtube video. Z was ass on ground, body taking out Yao's legs, before he touched then ball. Is there a different angle/video out there?

10. tsunami

tsunami Member

I watched the replay again and again. I am surprised there was no call. Yao was tackled by Z. Everyone with an eye could see that, if not blind. :mad:

11. ysong00

ysong00 Member

Z was just trying to get the foul, he even came by and checked with yao after he got up. feel bad for big Z, and he didn't do anything intentional. BUT that should have definitely been a foul, sooooooo obvious.

Anyone hear anything about whether Yao was especially sore afterwards? It seemed like it was just really his shoulder he landed on, and the knee didn't get hit... but you never know nowadays in the nba

12. chiorsung

chiorsung Member

It doesnot matter before or after. It was a FOUL!!!!!!!!!
    Even Big Z knew it, but not the FXXXking stupid refs!!!

LOL, the ******* walton on espn highlights praised Big Z for his hustle and CLEAN steal!!!! God, cannot believe it!!!

13. ysong00

ysong00 Member

oops mean he was trying to get the ball

14. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

wow, are you serious? the first comment is just unnecessary

15. matpio

matpio Member

This was definitely a foul. Thanks to whoever put that on youtube, I wasn't able to see the game tonight.

16. rockets fan

rockets fan Rookie

Someone put this youtube clip all over the net. I mean everywhere: Spurstalk, Lakersground, ESPN message board. This is getting ridiculous. Can't help but feel the NBA wants Yao to get injured. This horrendous. If this year's finals or playoffs is as obviously fixed as last years, I'm done with the NBA. ****ing period. Thats it, **** Stern, **** Corbin, **** them all.

17. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

and I thought seeing Juwan getting hammered the other night was bad... this was just offensive that they didn't call SOMETHING. And you can BET it would have been called if it were anyone ELSE of Yao's skill and popularity. Disrespectful, offensive, and this one affected a game. Sure, had they played worth a $#@! (yao gets a pass) in the first half, it wouldn't have COME to that, but still... this is one of the problems in the NBA, and they couldn't have illustrated that point any better had the scripted the event.

Disgusting.

18. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

The tackle was unintentional, it looked like Z slipped. still that should have been a foul. wth is up with the refs

19. tsunami

tsunami Member

so what's your point? who cares it's intentional or not, it's simply you don't tackle a player that way in basketball game. This is not football.

20. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

You're Welcome, No Problem.