1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Camby to miss several weeks with torn plantar fascia

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Oct 9, 2013.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

rockets just need to move on from this guy

2. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I wonder if he gets cut. Maybe Morey will feel like Smith/Dmo can hold the fort incase of an injury to Dwight or Asik

3. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I feel like if we dont cut camby this might signify that the front office will probably trade Asik during the season. I hope not.

4. JBar

JBar Rookie

BBAAB a little bit earlier on this thread was suggesting that the Rockets could have an "understanding" with Camby that he would come back if they traded Asik.

How does the money work? Is Camby's salary guaranteed if they cut him?

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if asik stays then it wont be a big problem. smith can be the 3rd center along with backup pf till dmo or jones breakout. he's pf but still serviceable for center.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Damn i feel bad for camby, his life must be ruff being hurt half the time.

7. NewAge

NewAge Member

I think so. He'll be double dipping, but the money's not that much, since he's vet min player. If he gets cut with wink-wink that he comes back after Smith (or Asik) gets traded, there's some small risk somebody will claim him off waivers. However, being injured, that risk is quite small.

8. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

For the love of: Basketball, WINS, Post Season Success, The Heart of a Champion & Hunger for a Championship, Elite (Lockdown D, Shotblocking & Rebounding) which leads to second chance points, Contested Layups/Dunks/Mid Range Jumpers, Help/Weakside D-Fence, Efficient Post & Mid Range Scoring, Veteran Leadership, Experience, B-Ball IQ, Players who choose to Play for, Retire with, and transition to Coaching the same team, Playing Well even when injured until cannot play nomo, Front Court Depth/Versatility/Flexibility, Twin Towers, Triple Towers...

I hope that he makes the best decision so he can be Redy even if it means early next year as the Rockets will benefit from his help during the grueling regular season & playoffs :)

[​IMG]

#68 djperm, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  9. Play07

Play07 Member

Marcus Camby said no decision today on injured plantar fascia (left foot). He'll take 1 more week of rehab & then make "executive decision" - mark berman 10/18/13