1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Calvin Watkins] Harden named starting point guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ShutURBiG!, Sep 26, 2016.

1. bongman

bongman Member

There is a lot more to going to the line than just taking 2 free shots. Your defensive set is easier because you are not rushing to get back.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Durant:

[​IMG]

Curry

[​IMG]

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Are you watching the game right now? Harden should focus on being the primary distributor of the team instead of trying to hero ball it up like those guys

Btw last year
    KD 50.5% FG
    Curry 50.4% FG
    Harden 43.9% FG

Consistency in shooting would show in the FG% average for the year, not the small sample sizes you keep encircling. Considering how low Harden's FG% compared to these two you will find way more bad shooting nights from him than compared to KD and Curry.

4. larsv8

Of course I am.

Goal shifting isn't going to get you anywhere with me.

Your premise was that Durant, Curry and Lebron don't have bad shooting nights like Harden. That is absurdly false.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

I said they weren't as consistent as Harden, which you would also get if you use context clues. If you look even further back you'll see I said that because Harden should be the pg rather than an off the ball sg. Why would I say Curry and KD don't have bad shooting nights EVER? Are you high? In fact you can see my original quote I just said they very rarely have bad shooting nights compared to Harden, hwo does that translate into they don't have bad shooting nights at all?

You're the one doing the goal shifting here bro, probably so you can justify your screenshot with highlights

basketballholic likes this.
  6. larsv8

No, you posted that they rarely have bad shooting nights, which I immediately showed you was false.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

How does very rarely translate into they don't have bad shooting nights at all? "Very Rarely" is relative, if KD and Curry are shooting 10% more than Harden on average that would mean they have way less bad shooting nights than Harden does. You had KD having like 10 bad games, 10/82 is 12% so 88% of the time KD is gonna have a great night, and this is considering he had Westbrick hogging shots and making the team offense more difficult. Those are pretty good percentages.

8. larsv8

It doesn't translate to "they don't have bad shooting nights at all", it translates to "they don't have bad shooting nights like Harden", which again, false.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Harden has way more bad shooting nights than the two of them, that makes the quantity of bad nights different for Harden and KD/Curry whats your point? If they have the same amount of bad shooting nights like Harden does their FG% would be similar instead of 10% apart. Why don't you make another screenshot and highlight all the bad shooting nights Harden does and compare them to the amount you highlighted for KD and Curry?

You are basically making a straw man argument here but inventing the whole thing by saying stuff I never said and would be totally illogical in the first place. Why would anyone say any player in the NBA never has a bad shooting night?

10. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

stop defending harden.

This guy just keeps driving other people out of town.. You wanted Capela over Dwight? YOu got it! Dwight wanted to be too involved? Congrats, now you have to share shots with Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon. If you're going to dominate the ball as much as Harden you need to be a transcendent player like LeBron,Westbrook,. Otherwise learn to pass and play defense because more often than not the team isn't going to win by you taking all the shots. Rockes are a pretty much just going to hover around 500 this year. THis team has no toughness, no leader. I'm sure Harden will put up pretty stats and people will find someone else to blame. He'll just go down as a better all around Melo. Won't sniff a title, and people who just can't accept it was their fault will continue to blame coaches, teammates, the franchise.

Fortunately HArden has more years left than Melo, maybe he'll evolve.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh look, the Knick fan that only comes out when the Rockets lose.

12. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Harden was the least of our problems. To come here and point out it was his fault shows you clearly have an agenda

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not even think Point guard was the biggest problem under McHale, under JBB, and is under MDA.

You give MDA one season and see how it goes. It is just not a good experiment but we have to stick it out.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i doubt les ever eats pringles contract after already paying mchale. we're stuck with this guy for 4 years

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sadly we are stuck, hope we can buy him out somehow if he fails completely.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

at least in that case we might finally get some lottery picks

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Bottom line:
    KD 29 points on 19 shots
    Harden 29 points on 19 shots
    Curry 30 points on 20 shots

That's efficiency. Nevermind that Harden also had time to average more assists than both these guys, one of them being a full time PG. Even more important, both those guys had significantly better offensive players around them to give them space. FG% is not a stat which shows offensive efficiency, it's simply a stat which shows which % of your shots you hit from the field without FT's, which again is a ludicrous line of argument.

18. larsv8

Sure, I'll use 2015, for a similar sample size

[​IMG]

Look at that, just about identical.

Lol, no.

Again, here is exactly what you wrote:

I showed you 15+ game samples of each of the players, in the playoffs, completely disproving your premise. There is no strawman here, no me accusing you of saying things you didn't say. What you said was false. KD and Curry do not very rarely have bad scoring nights, in fact, they frequently do.

Own your bad opinion, learn, and form better ones, which are actually supported by facts.

19. Handles

Handles Member

Harden played the game how I used to approach mycareer games on NBA 2k. Get yourself a double double as early as possible then spend the rest of the game scoring buckets and padding stats. Assists take s back seat once you've already got yours.

20. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

Exactly what I was thinking :p