1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calvin Watkins a

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Oct 12, 2016.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sad to see people sticking up for this Dallas piece of ****.

You guys need to have your Houston cards stripped immediately, dummies...

Crashlanded19, tmactoyao and Kam like this.
  2. mightybosstone

Who cares? It took me all of like four of five of Watkins' articles to realize the guy is a terrible beat writer. His basketball analysis is as basic and shallow as it gets, he clearly has no insight into what's going on in the locker room and has no reliable sources for any potential personnel moves the Rockets might make. He's a glorified blogger. You might as well be reading a post on The Dream Shake. If you want to read Rockets news that doesn't suck, then stick to your local writers like Clutch or over at the Chronicle.

And you can't be bothered by what the national media say about the Rockets. They're just looking for cheap, easy stories that will attract viewers and sell papers, and the Rockets will always be an easy target as long as Harden is in Houston. If you get upset anytime someone in the national media has a negative thing to say about the Rockets, you're gonna have a bad time.

3. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

As mentioned earlier, CW did seem to be a Dwight and McHale guy (JET as well). Now that his sauces are saucing it up elsewhere, I wonder if anybody on the team will give him anything more than standard locker room interviews. We may not need to get too worked up as his bland writing may get even more innocuous until he simply dries up and disappears from view completely.

Besides (and I know you're reading this), his only insights that didn't come from those guys clearly came from CF, so it was all repetitive anyways.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Whether you think he is biased or not.... one thing is certain, he is a poor writer.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Again, as durvasa requested, please post examples. Because the one in the OP is credited to the Associated Press, not Watkins. Are you guys saying he does all the game recaps? And are you saying he has webmaster editing rights to post the videos? much less selects them. I thought Watkins does only a few articles a week from post-game interviews and such.

I'd like to see his articles trashing Harden's defense, with vids. I'm not so sure these ESPN game recap vids are of his doing.

6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

We should galvanize and get him fired for posting/sharing videos that show Harden's lack of defensive awareness?

Edit: Forgot he was the Rockets writer, so I guess you can be upset if he is colluding with the Mavs, but personally, I am in favor of embarrassing Harden into playing defense. Seemed to work two years ago.

7. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I don't have the luxury of time to dig to through bspn articles. We all have access to the same site, and there is a search function. Op has a good example. If you weren't here to see it last year, you just missed it. I don't even care anymore, it's not hard to ignore Calvin, eventually he'll dissappear. I will not give him anymore clicks for half assed articles.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Even Dallas fans hate his ass, that's how poor of a writer he is. The guy is nit just a hack but a hater no matter region or subject.

9. epicbeardabe

epicbeardabe Contributing Member

I don't really pay attention to Calvin Watkins. He usually doesn't have any interesting, original insight on the Rockets. I mainly pay attention to Jonathan Feigen and Mark Berman who are both fantastic

D-rock likes this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member