1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calvin Murphy is coming back!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by s land balla, Dec 30, 2004.

1. RedRacer

RedRacer Contributing Member

Wouldnt y'all be more excited if Calvin came back as a Rockets head coach and not as a broadcaster????? :D

2. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Damn!!!!!! I was hoping they would find someone else, but seeing how I am in the minority here, I guess he should get his job back.

3. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Its OK. On this board it is not important why you hate somebody, or even that you can defend your opinion. What is important around here is that if you hate somebody of something, that you say it.

4. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

I'd be more excited if he came back as our point guard.

5. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

ahahahahahaha..........

IDIOT!

#25 isoman2kx, Dec 31, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  6. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I like Murphy but I prefer Van.

7. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

yep you are.

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

9. msn

msn Member

I'm in the minority, too. Professionally, Murphy gets on my last nerve and is embarrassing to me. I'd always wished the Rox would replace him with Bullard. I just don't prefer the goofy/clowny schtick that Murph employs.

On a personal level, I am glad that he *is* getting his job back, simply because I don't want to see anyone lose his or her career in that manner. All the best to Murph. If anyone is to be replaced, it should be based upon job performance and not upon false and malicious accusations.

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Great news! I've gotten used to Van as much as I can, but nobody tops the Murph.

Anyone else get annoyed when Van always says "at this particular time" or "at that particular time" ?

11. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

So all we have so far is a rumor right??

12. magnomonkey

magnomonkey Member

Can't we all have 3?

We're paying Murph right now anyways -- and Van, I think, is being paid.

I love Murph, but Van has rubbed off on me a little.

Murph+Van would even make Rockets basketball entertaining.

13. Hmm

Hmm Member

Do you sell propane and propane accessories?

14. Hmm

Hmm Member

Uhm, the job description is "color commentator" or "color analyst". I'm afraid my dear fellow "the bull" is missing the color part.

The few games he filled in for Van, he came off like a black and white introverted robot.

I'd like to take this time to mention aswell, that Calvin when insightful his analysis beats Bull and Van put together. Actually.. only Calvin's commentating of the three is capable of BEING called "insight".

15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The best news in 5 years.

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You must like the banjo. :)

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am glad Murphy is coming back. More so because in Society when things like what happened to Murphy, people just keep that stigma around guys like Murphy (even if they are found not guilty) and never get second chances. It shouldnt be that way. And if Murphy is indeed rehired then kudos to Rockets management for stepping up and doing the right thing.

With that said, when Van was chosen as the color guy for the telecasts I thought it was a TERRIBLE decision and was vocal about it. But now that I have NBALP (thanks to my wife for Christmas!) and have gotten a chance to watch a few games with Van as the color guy, I have to say he is WAY better than I thought he would be. I think his analysis is very good and his accent didnt bother me NEARLY as much as I thought. Van has been pretty solid as the color guy with Worrell. I take back all the things i said about the decision to hire him.

With that said, the chemistry of Worrell and Murphy is tremendous. And I look forward to Murphy returning. But more for Murphy and less for Van sucking, which he hasnt.

18. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

If it is true that he is coming back, then I am somewhat disapointed. Since I am old enough to have seen Calvin during his playing days, I was a huge Calvin fan. But unfortunately, from now on, he will just be Mr. 14x9.

19. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

hope it's true! :)