1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calvin Murphy for broadcasting!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, May 29, 2013.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Just watching some old games and damn I miss that man alongside Worrell. I really think it would do wonders for old Bill because a Drexler and Bullard, especially together, always find a way to steer the conversation and set the mood. So my question is, with one of the posters on here getting confirmation from Worrell in person that Calvin would make his way back eventually, are there signs that his role will change? So doing something other then studio analyst? I really hope so, would bring excitement back along with the potential of having a great team next year.

2. GIGO

GIGO Member

So do I.

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Oh, thanks a lot, man. I thought this was news that Calvin Murphy is back in broadcasting ,and it really got me excited. But is one of those stupid threads again with "we want Calvin back" or "I hope he returns". Thank you for wasting my time.

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

Read the title again, the word 'for' suggest something else than what you expected.

5. j3i

j3i Member

I'd love to see him commentating again, but I must admit he works well with Doleman.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

After the drama he went through years ago, honestly he's fortunate to have been given a second chance to ease his way back in the broadcast.

That being said, I really hope he's given a chance in the next year or two to jump back in the seat next to Worrell before Bill retires.

This last year was a good step in the right direction. If he keeps up the good work, I think CSN figures out a way to get him back calling the games again in the next year or two.

7. rocketblood713

As long as Bill Worrell stays im good but I think they funny though Worrell and Bull Clyde sucks though

8. Nero

Nero Member

This thread makes my sig cry.

9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

There's like 20 other threads about fans want Calvin back. Which is another reason why this thread pissed me off. Next time be sure your next thread is something new and good news.

10. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

It won't mean **** if none of us can actually get Comcast.

11. OTMax

OTMax Member

Just watching another game and Calvin is defending the Rockets against some fans who are saying the Rockets are a bad team :D He's actually leaving Worrell and confronting the guys, you can hear him in the back screaming and when he comes back he's going like "WOOOH, I'm hot Bill, naw they can't stuff like that, I'm ready to pull out the boxing gloves" :grin: Say what you want about his crazy suits, his crazy jokes and over excitement, he's a true Rocket.

12. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Man! Why'd you have to necro this thread? it was bad enough how high my hopes got when you originally created it, and now you did it to me all over again.

Seriously though, I could not agree more with you. I miss Calvin on the broadcasts a lot, and he will always be one of my favorite parts of being a Rockets fan.