1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Calling out larsv8]James Harden's Turnovers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Feb 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Nimo

Nimo Member

Somebody teach this guy how to embed without autoplay.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Yeah I was wondering why the video plays every time I open this thread or refresh it. I'm at work and didn't have my computer on mute

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Just seemed like miscommunication more than anything. Don't think either are to blame. That happens.

4. OpenLayup-Why3?

My favorite turnover by Harden is Chloye Kardassian

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;I got the receipts to prove it.&quot; -- your 2015-16 Houston Rockets. <a href="https://t.co/IHsYXMBaAB">https://t.co/IHsYXMBaAB</a></p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/702533681940819968">February 24, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Hard to argue with this.

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Why don't you stop being a troll, bro... my comment was a reply to the fact that people are bashing Harden while other people are sucking... I never said it was OK that they suck, but I don't bash guys if they are TRYING but failing... I bash laziness, selfishness, arrogance, and narcissism... which is also the reason I am replying to your stupid comment...

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

can i point out that he does most of his turnovers in the first half of games trying to get his team mates going. In the second half of games it seems he looks for his own offence more and usually has less turnovers.

i don't see it as a real problem, you will always have turnovers and especially from the guy who has to run the whole offence

8. RESINator

RESINator Member

He's a high usage player completely comparable to other high usage players like lebron and Westbrook. It's within the realm of acceptability

9. basketballholic

Ego and lack of maturity are character issues. I've said before what separates Harden from Curry and Lebron is character. And James' lack of character is clearly displayed by the horrible risks he takes on-court that clearly mirror his off-court behavior.

1 person likes this.
  10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

What separates Curry from Harden is shooting.

What separates Lebron from Harden is size and physical tools.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Paraphrasing Zach Lowe and David Thorpe on a recent podcast discussing Harden...

Lowe: "and Harden is a GREAT passer..."

Thorpe(interrupting Lowe before he could even finish his thought): "OUTSTANDING passer"

Lowe: "Some of the passes he makes are just unbelievable"

12. larsv8

BUT 2:1 ASSIST TO TURNOVERS

DERP DERP DERP

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

2 issues I have with Harden and his passing.

1) More often than not, the "pocket pass" just isn't getting it done. Maybe there is data that suggests those passes are working, but it always seems to be disaster when I am watching.

2) Harden's passing really goes down hill when he gets tried from being overused. And he gets overused because he does not have teammates to create action. And because of this Harden does not trust his teammates like he should. Downward spiral.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, so is Lin, they both make those High risk passes which look great when the opponents aren't looking but horrible when they are....

He is not an elite passer, he is a good one for a SG, but as a primary ball handler or initiator if your assist to turnover is under 2 to 1, you are not an elite passer.

DD

15. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

When he passes to Brewer.

16. larsv8

If you are going to say something stupid like he is not an elite passer because he does not have a 2:1 assist / TO ratio, then you have to turn around and give him that same credit to his scoring.

Since all his turnovers are obviously on his passing, then none of them must be from him scoring, so you have just made an elite scoring SG into possibly the best scoring guard ever.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Nobody worth listening to is honestly going to say Jeremy Lin's playmaking is on par with James Harden's playmaking.

18. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Curry: 350A/175 TO and is a true point guard with much better shooters and players around him, although his usage isnt close to james (usually sits 4th quarters)

Harden: 400A/250TO and is a shooting guard the rockets pin every offensive responsibility on .

You guys act as if harden wants the ball every possession and that is certainly not the case...he wont give up the ball in crunch time to a different ball handler but iam f ine with that cuz in those situations hes always aggressive, attacking downhill usually.

Yesterday was a pure example of why harden shouldve won last years MVP...he is surrounded by very average shooters no playmakers and no secondary reliable post options, yet he is expected to play flawlessy and distribute as so? hes not even a PG ffs what he has done is remarkable and should be appreciated instead of frickin crucified

some people on this board man...its sad, they cant even appreciate greatness

1 person likes this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They are not all on his passing some are when he flails trying to draw a foul.

I love him as a scorer and our best player, I blame the org for trying to turn him into something he isn't.

DD

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

how dare the organization try to turn him into an MVP caliber player. What are they thinking