1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Calling out larsv8]James Harden's Turnovers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Feb 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

see my sig OP.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lack of factual posts continue.

We're here to discuss facts about te Rockets, not work through your insecurity

3. BackdoorHarden

LOL. So true, his teammates are scrub that is causing all his TO

4. SamFisher

How are the Rockets performing now that Harden and his turnovers are not on the court in the 4th?

Mr. CLutch
    DD
    OP whose name I forget...

I am interested to hear your thoughts

1 person likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well the facts are that Harden is leading the league in turnovers, and that is not good.

He is not a GREAT passer, he is a decent one for a SG, but his carelessness with the ball hurts a lot.

If his Assist to turnover was more than 2-1 he would be fine as a primary playmaker, but it is too low to be a reliable main playmaker.

Not sure why you keep on extrapolating what I am saying into "Harden sucks" I think he is an outstanding scorer, I just don't think he is a great play maker, or rather not a consistent reliable one.

DD

6. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Reliance on cherry picked metrics that continue to contradict direct translation to the game and the results we see all too regularly. You are feeding your own ignorance, but knowing the poster you are, you won't be realizing that any time soon. Seriously, since you're so keen on the facts I'd like to see one post without any personal attacks. It must have been hard being the kid always watching from the sidelines and thinking of a way to get into the discussion, nevertheless, I doubt you've ever played the game which is why your lack of knowledge is appalling.

Slap yourself a couple of times before you even think about responding.

7. rocketshopeful

sure but there are at least 5 other issues I'd focus on first besides harden"s Turnovers.

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Listen dork.

I think Harden is great. I love him.

He also has a turnover problem. This isn't hard to understand.

9. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

MVP
    Best player in the world

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I think fellatio is a Sam/Lars-only requirement. They set the bar for themselves pretty high.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

Sounds like you really hate the turnovers where he is trying to pass. I thought he was selfish and doesn't like to pass.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

the dude is fool's gold... but the homers just want to believe....

13. basketballholic

http://www.nbaminer.com/player-turnover-details/

This site shows Harden has more live-ball (bad passes to opponent and lost ball) turnovers than anybody in the league.

Partially true. But other high usage players offset a much larger percentage of their turnovers than Harden does by generating defensive turnovers (steals/offensive charges drawn) and capturing offensive rebounds at a much higher clip than Harden does.

Listen Breh, TOVs/(STLs + .5*ORB+Offensive fouls drawn)

Check this calculation for all the top playmakers in the NBA. You'll see the problem very clearly with Harden.

Each of Harden's turnovers costs us basically 2 points, one point because we don't get a shot up and one point because the opponent gets an extra shot up. And Harden only offsets about 25% of those points on the defensive end with his steals, drawn charges, and offensive rebounds. Harden is an extremely inefficient playmaker.

Stupidity is not understanding that Bev almost doubles his turnovers by stealing the ball, drawing offensive fouls from his opponent, and capturing offensive rebounds. Bev doesn't cost us shots at the basket. He generates us more shots at the basket...that Harden in turn wastes by turning the ball over and not getting it back on the defensive end.

Ding, ding, ding.

We need Rubio. And don't be surprised if Rubio is a Rocket next season.

14. SamFisher

You don't need to cherry pick stats to determine that Harden is one of the most devastating offensive forces on the universe. Probably the very best not named Curry. Arguably Westbrook. Look at any stat you want, scoring assists. Whatever

You also don't need to cherry pick stats to see that the very best players in the NBA routinely leas the league in turnovers.

You also don't need to cherry pick stats to see that Harden carries an offensive burden disproportionate to any other superstar in the league.

He had 39 points, some assists, nd 5 tos tonight.

Even if you pretend Utah converted every single To into a 3 pointer....He us still such a net plus on offense it's a joke. No other rocket is even close to 20 points.

15. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

5 star thread!

16. SamFisher

Oh I get it, you like to say I put penis in my mouth.

Funny guy! That is some prime stuff. Like Eddie Murphy Raw era...but with more penis. Funny, funny stuff

Ps Harden just threw the game tying assist.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

What a selfish turnover-prone machine :rolleyes:

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dude, you are melting down - something I know a bit about - your posts are getting out of hand....just let it go.

DD

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That was almost stolen.

20. SamFisher

I know you don't watch games, could you at least read the post I responded to?