1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calling All Capologist (Bimathug, others)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Mar 5, 2014.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

When do the Rockets have to make decisions on TJones/DMo (2015-2016) and Parsons (2014-2015)?

Also, any insight on the potential salary range Papanikolaou might demand?

Much appreciated.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I have a question as well.

What is to prevent The Rio Grande Valley Vipers from signing....lets say Segio Llull...to a one year five million dollar contract including his overseas buyout? Then, at season end, signs with the Rockets for the remainder of the season or similar.

Are there items in place to prevent this?

4. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Their options need to be picked up by October 31st, 2014. Parsons' needs to be picked up by June 30th, 2014.

Papanikolaou has expressed a strong desire to play in the NBA, and is making about $3M Euro pre-tax right now I believe, with a $1.1M Euro buyout. The Rockets can contribute $600K to it without that money being charged to team salary. I'd guess that a 3-year, taxpayer MLE would be able to bring him over; it'd be a paycut when factoring in taxes and currency, but his current Barca contract was probably an overpay, given with the understanding that he'd only be playing one season there.

NBADL salaries are notoriously difficult to track down; Marc Stein is pretty much the only person for years who has been able to give any kind of numbers.

But this recent report from the D-League Showcase reports that the team salary caps are $173K, with a dollar-for-dollar luxury tax for exceeding it. Furthermore, D-League players fall into one of 3 "salary tiers", $25K, $19K, and $13K, and you can't pay players more than that, much like you can't give Kevin Love outside endorsements/income beyond the max salary.

5. bongman

bongman Member

I am no capologist but I remember reading that DLeague has a salary cap of $175K per team. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong

6. steady

steady Member

Thats interesting stuff, thanks.

This is a small point but, according to BimaThug, the team option on Parsons contract must be picked up by June 25, the day before the 2014 draft. June 30 is the day when his salary for 2014-2015 becomes fully guaranteed.