1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Caller on Sportsradio 610: Juwon Howard's career over

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by El Toro, Jul 5, 2005.

Tags:
  1. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

3. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

i hope he will be ok, whether he comes back or not. if he didnt, how would his contract effect us? would we buy him out or not be allowed to aquire others cuz we'd be stuck payin him? just wondering how that works. i hope he comes back and has a great yr

4. droxford

droxford Member

I really wish I knew what was going on in Carroll Dawson's head:

Is JH done?

If so, are the Rockets moving forward with appropriate actions, or are they sticking to the concept of bringing someone in to back up JH?

Are we looking to do a S&T ?

Who will/won't be on the team next season?

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow. And I've been wondering how Juwon would handle coming off the bench if we were able to get a 4 who'd start ahead of him, like SAR or Walker. I really hope this is a BS rumor. Howard really played well the last two months of the season, before he went down. Having a heart attack is not going to keep you playing in the league. The risk is too great, no matter how "mild" it was.

Say it isn't true. :(

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Don't forget the refusal to comment based on privacy laws. This seemed awkward at the time.

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I've wondered about JuHo with all the talk about landing a lead 4 (AW, Stro), as in what would Howard be thinking, what would FAs be thinking, what is the plan there?

So, is there something here?

8. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

it would explain the Walker talk .... my thinking is Walker is a starter, and I have wonder why Houston needed another 35 minute a night forward unless Howard was not going to play in Houston (I assumed he would be traded... :eek: )

9. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Remind me to call 610 about Mike James...

10. Willis25

[​IMG]
    cocaine is a helluva drug...

11. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

I can relate to Howard. I have this condition myself. It is an infection on the wall of the chest cavity. My doctors told me it would never go away. That when I lost rest from travel or sleep in general, if I played too hard it would flare up and I could have a heart attack.

It is serious and very scary.

12. Willis25

wow
    :eek:

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ok Juwan. Its time to retire. You had a valiant season with the Rockets. Now you can spend the rest of your life teaching kids how to read and counting all the money you screwed the wizards of.

Juwan, its not that bad to retire before 40 and have like 80 million dollars in the bank.

14. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I heard the caller on 610. He didn't sound very credible to me - he could have been trolling. Also, later in the call he kept getting confused as to which Astro made the all-star team.

15. Willis25

hey man... even I can't tell you what Astros made the all star team - that doesn't mean he is a troll, he is just a normal Houston sports fan dealing with a sub .500 team

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I can't even tell you what Astros were on the ballot. I don't give a damn about baseball, football, or any other sport. Basketball is the only sport that interests me.

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I cant believe that so many people are giving credence to some random schmuck that called in to a radio show...this is worse than getting your news from the ESPN boards. :(

Seriously people....why in the hell would the ROckets release a notice saying that Howard was ok and cleared for playing if there was really some secret heart problem?

WOuldnt it have been easier to just not say anything at all?

I call MAJOR AMOUNTS OF BS HERE

18. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

There will also be two trades made on draft day.....

19. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Yes, right from Juwon's mouth. I can't believe that this caller was anything but bogus.

Myocarditis is what Juwon suffered from.

20. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Oh and Were gunna trade Steve, Mobley and Cato for Tmac and some scrubs

D'OH