1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Call your shot on the Rockets offensive rating in 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 13, 2019.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm not trying to argue. I asked if you could please show the BBRef net numbers for the pre-shutdown, before we dropped another .9 in ORtg after a 4 month layoff.

We had a league worse 100.6 last 6 games in the bubble, after two excellent games v DAL and MIL.

That's a super anomaly, not about system. 5 of those games either Harden or WB didn't play. And we also didn't really care to win last three.

Rockets for sure slowed down after Dallas lost enough to not be a threat to seeding, and Utah was tanking. It's like using the last 8 games of any season when many teams are losing on purpose or resting...but those last 8 games are more statistically pronounced than normal because of a shortened season. End-season games are naturally weird in isolation, and for several reasons, it produced a big anomaly for us.

100.6 ORtg last 6 games is an anomaly that we must explain, not about system.

You'd probably say the reverse if we produced a 123 and 120 like POR and PHX, that we shouldn't count the bubble numbers.

and btw: Defense communication in the bubble is going to prove outstanding from Rd 2 to the Finals. And I do agree with you that in the first 8 games, defense generally lags behind. Just making the point that conditions in the bubble will prove that it favors defense, because offense doesn't call out plays, defense does.

HP3 likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He played all year. Not sure when you are saying MDA stopped playing him.

Are you talking Playoff ORtg?

OKC guards benched McClemore, after Ben went scoreless in 17 minutes of Game 3 and couldn't defend their guards. Prior to that, he was getting consistent minutes since very early in the season. I'm mean, 23 mpg missing just one game is 23 mpg

HP3 and saleem like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Does Westbrook have structural injuries apart from his knee and quad?

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

*ding ding ding* My very naive take:

1. I feel like nobody left could really set a good pick, and definitely not be a roll threat.
    2. I feel like without his rebounding, James had to focus a lot more on being around for defensive boards instead of starting transition offense.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

HP3, Easy and Kim like this.