1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Call of Dwayne Bowe?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mr Striker09, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

Im know im wishful thinking here but he is on the market and the Chiefs are looking to trade him and we all know the Texans love big WRs, but i know there no chance at all the Texans would even talk about :(. He has so much talent but always playing with a lame QB and no other WRs around him and he still puts up big numbers.

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

If the Texans wanted to make a trade it should be for an ILB to handle the loss of Cushing this year and replace Bradie James next year.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Bowe is gonna want to get paid. Not sure if we have the cap room, but he could be traded for on the cheap since he's a veteran on a franchise tender. If we traded for him, it would surely mean Ben Tate is a goner after next season.

4. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I'd feel better about trading for a run stopping ILB or a RT first

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

But after the season, right? We could very well view him as a 9-game rental? He has no power to demand we pay him now?

I would agree with many who have said LB is a more pressing need. But I've been remarkably unimpressed with Martin; Jean seems incapable of staying healthy; and Posey has been a total non-factor. Bowe would be freaking awesome.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm with this too. Rent him. I'm not saying rent him at any cost...but if we are ok with what we'd have to give up, let him be a part of something special here this year and see if that makes him want to stick around.

7. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Of course he could be a rental. Question is, what would you be comfortable giving up for that? A 5th rounder would be about my limit, depending on how high it was.

Not sure you can bring in an ILB this late in the season that would have much impact (any suggestions?), but it's worth exploring.

8. Hey Now!

Yep. Kubiak hinted to Bob Allen that he expected AJ to be 100% and back to his old self, post-bye. Seems viable. But the post-AJ era is coming, and man, oh man - having Dwayne Bowe here.....

I usually loathe the endless "(inset name) is available - should the Texans get him?" threads. But Bowe, as well as this year, just feels different - even if he walks at season's end. It reminds me of the Oilers snagging Webster Slaughter.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

holy crap, that's a good analogy.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

So is this all speculation or something that has been mentioned in the media? I'll be pissed if he's traded before Sunday, not that Quinn is going to be very helpful getting him the ball for fantasy purposes.

11. Hey Now!

You make a (hopefully) solid point: does his pending FA hurt his value a little? Lloyd - not as good or as young - was in a similiar situation (productive; pending FA) and was dealt for a 5th (IIRC). Could Bowe be had a 3rd? I'd do that, even as a rental.

12. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

The big rub was Bowe to Miami, but supposedly that was just a rumor.

KC is looking to unload him, though. Why? No idea. That is a franchise that can't afford to lose star players.

Pioli must have been a trojan horse from the Patriots. Seems like every person they've signed from that franchise has been a total disappointment (Weis, Crennel, Cassel, etc), with the minor exception of Mike Vrabel.

13. Hey Now!

The speculation I've read is Miami; the talk is that he wants out. Seems like a win-win for the Chiefs - he's going to leave regardless; get something for him now.

14. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

15. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

I know we need other needs but getting Bowe and even if its a rental would give our offense a major boost and up our odds to win this year. We never had really good solid number 2WR. When the Texans struggle in the run game and heck it could happen in the playoffs or if we fall behind, having Bowe and with our other targets we can become a legit passing team.

16. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

Can become a legit passing team when need to*

17. Pete the Cheat

I would have been all for it if the title had been taste Dwayne Bowe...now I am not so sure

18. PooleBoi7

PooleBoi7 Member

We're already a legit passing team...we don't need a superstar to go out and make 1000 incredible catches every game. That's a sign of an unstable team. A part of being a wide receiver is catching the ball and ours have clearly shown that they can do that. Things like route running, catching, and getting open are generic among wide receivers meaning these are things you must do to be called a wide receiver...the only difference is size and speed and agility which is what Dwayne Bowe has...but I'm not willing to drop a pretty penny on physicality when we already have it in a multitude of players.

Let Matt's QB rating and Completion Percentage tell the story....

19. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

for a 5th round pick I'd be okay with this

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R-OnqJd6vaQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. conquistador#11

it's hard for some to stomach, but since 2008, we've been one of the top five passing offenses when the great eight has played. We still are, just now there is no need to throw for 40 attempts when you're icing a game.

I would rather have the redskins or chiefs starting right tackle instead of bowe.