1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheGreat, Nov 8, 2009.

1. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I'm thinking about going Monday night, do you guys know if there are any deals?

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

lol....

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1K9MBxeEqyI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1K9MBxeEqyI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

3. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

mw2 will be garbage.
    in valve we trust.

4. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

between borderlands, 2k10, madden, and uncharted 2...i think i need to grow another pair of arms,hands, and fingers

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

:confused:

How will Modern Warfare 2 be garbage.

Something I have been disappointed in is the Left 4 Dead 2 demo

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I'm getting it along with NBA2K10 and Fifa10 on Tuesday.

:)

7. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I heard the graphics were horrible.

8. UTweezer

left 4 dead 2 demo sucks imo. The aiming + controls are way off.

its probably just the demo as I doubt valve would release a final release like the POS demo.

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

There is already a pre existing thread on this game. I'm looking forward to it. Not real crazy about non dedicated servers.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I loved the new zombies, gore, and sounds. But ya, I'll agree the controls just didn't seem quite right.

Also, it seems to not be running very smoothly for me either.

11. UTweezer

i love the melee weapons....machete or the fender!

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

the graphics in the first were not great, that is not a big part of the game. But this one does look more cartoony than the last
    The demo has been terribly laggy

Also, a TERRIBLE decision was adding melee fatigue to the campaign. The expert campaign absolutely needs it.

Hopefully these are just glitches in the demo because the first one may be my all-time favorite game.

13. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

no dedi's, no mods/maps, 18 player max. along with a price increase. instead of downgrading the PC they should be adding the features to console games.

i'm on the fence with l4d2, i'll wait and see how many campaigns are with it and see if it's worth $34. the controls were ok, i think the melee weapons are more of a gimmick than useful but what really bothered me was the FOV.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I have to go out of town for a week on Thursday. Debating if I should get MW2 and play it a little but then be forced to set it down. Or just wait...

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

18 players max is bad?

I don't play or care for PC games, so idk what the consensus is with PC gamers, but 18 is the absolute limit I would want online. 12 players from COD4 was perfect..

There are 5 campaigns on the new Left 4 Dead and 1 or 2 new online modes.

16. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

ya 18 is bad when you could do up to 64 since the first cod. personally i like the smaller games but the majority like 32.

i havent followed l4d2 so 5 huh... hmm.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

64????

That is way too many people. Why would you want that many people on an online game?

That is what makes COD so great imo, the small online matches, it beats any other FPS in that regard. If they upped if for the 360 to even 18 players I will dislike it.

18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

is that video suppose to make me NOT want the game?

after seeing that I want it more!!!

19. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Why do you x million subscribers on XBL? That's way too many people. I just need 12 players on PSN and I'd be fine ;)

I actually don't care for FPS but I am kind of pissed that there aren't any true PC gaming developers anymore. Which is fine, it's a niche market now, the masses will clamor for the console gaming never knowing the days when user created, hosted and moded content ruled the gaming world. They'll also settle for second rate graphics that will only update once every 7 years.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

people are getting tired of upgrading their PC and graphics cards to play the latest games.

The 360/PS3 consoles are good enough for the common person who doesn't care about running World of Warcraft at some insane resolution.