1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Call me crazy...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Jan 29, 2016.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

sounds great except for the fact the he actually ran slow.

i think the texans are trying to pump him up so that somebody takes him early and texans real target falls.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Texans and Dolphins are showing the most interest at Leonte Carroo so could be a smokescreen

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Good stuff from Braxton Miller: A Shoulder Injury, a Spin Move and My Secret Mission to Become an NFL Receiver <a href="https://t.co/FKoyqBP4zh">https://t.co/FKoyqBP4zh</a></p>&mdash; Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) <a href="https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/714805148971769858">March 29, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

They love Miller, and like what they saw from Coleman and have shown the most interest in Leonte Carroo and they're gonna draft Hackenberg ... so really none of these media experts/analysts know ****!

5. Nook

Nook Member

If you asked Smith and McNair and OB who they were targeting ...... You would get three different answers.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

We all know they are picking a DE and will convert him to OLB.

7. htown1984

htown1984 Member

didnt Bill Obrien comment on how they will get together.
    each of them evaluate the talent on their own and then they get together on draft night
    to compare notes/evualations... LOL- crazy structure

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I know he ran slow at the combine but didn't he run a 4.4 at his pro day?

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Good call EddiewasNOTsnubbed! ;)

Albeit 3rd round, not 1st.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I can't say how excited I am for this pick. Steal of the draft.

Told you O'Brien would love the guy. Swiss army knife.

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Not bad Eddie

I did say 2nd or 3rd round would be better and here we are.

12. Two Sandwiches

I just didn't think he'd last till our second pick, even. I would have been happy if we took him in the second.

In the third? You're kidding me...

He'll touch the ball probably 75-100 times this year in the return game, slot, wildcat, etc, combined. He's a big play threat on any of those plays.

In that sense, he's better value than Fuller even.

13. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Only a moron would prefer Miller to Coleman. Go watch Miller's combine tape- he dropped everything thrown to him.

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I think he caught 5 and dropped 2.

15. Two Sandwiches

I haven't had a chance to sit and share my thoughts on the first three picks of the draft so far. So here they go:

Speed kills. This is the best first three rounds of a draft I think this team has ever had, at least judging from day one. It's not just the Miller pick that has me so excited, it's Fuller THEN Miller. The two, picked together, is an absolutely brilliant move. Then, sandwiched between them, you replaced your biggest loss of the off season, with someone who I feel is a better player than the guy you lost. Brilliant.

There are those that will complain that we haven't filled our defensive holes, and yeah, maybe we should have. In reality, this team was a top half defense last year, and we've only really lost one contributor. Someone who I think didn't contribute a lot anyways.

Making an assumption, I'm thinking Crick will be covered by a MOX of Clowney with his hand in the dirt, and Covington, and that excites me. When Clowney plays with his hand down, you still have Merciless, Simon, Cushing, and McKinney. This is a good group. I'm still rooting for the drafting of either Scooby Wright or Tyler Matakevitch, though, for depth. I feel either one could start eventually, too.

As far as Fuller and Miller being genius together, here's why: There's no point of having a guy like Miller without another guy to take the top off the D. Think about it. Split them to the same side an run a reverse to Miller with Fuller streaking. When that safety bites, Fuller is open deep. When he stays with Fuller, Miller has the quickness to get an easy 12 yards most plays. Run them deep on the same side, and that safety is in decision mode, big time. None of this takes into account Hopkins either. Just lining up Miller at QB on third and short or medium with Fuller and Hopkins split out gets me giddy.

O'Brien knows what he's doing. He pretty much always has. The guy is a great coach. He's finally getting his chess pieces. This draft has been brilliant so far. He knows his defense is fine, and he's still pissed his team couldn't score in the playoffs. Now he's fixing that. He's fixed that to the nines. This team is ready.

Now, some names I'd love to hear today

Hassan Ridgway, Jalen Mills, Jayron Kearse, Beau Sandland, Tyler Matakevitch, Scooby Wright.

Let's go address some of those defensive holes.

1 person likes this.
  16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Percy minus the bad attitude.

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Percy was the fastest man in pads I've ever seen.

Hoping Miller can be Percy 2.0 as some other posters are noting.

I want to see some Jet Sweep play action to Fuller down field ala Chiefs Smith to Maclin.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I like the receivers we've gotten over the last two years (except strong) but that's now 8 picks used for WRs in last two drafts.

Granted a few were low picks for trading up

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

I actually like Braxton Miller in the 3rd round but not after getting Fuller. Both have questions about their hands; Miller mostly because he hasn't played the position as much.

Hopkins
    Fuller
    Shorts
    Strong
    Miller
    Mumphrey

Shorts and Strong can't be too happy

20. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

Shorts and Mumphrey are the two weakest links.