1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cable Television] Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson's 'True Detective'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Sep 10, 2013.

1. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

They reffered to the projects in Beaumont as the "Hoston Projects". (pronounced "howston")

2. TheresTheDagger

Season 2 rumors:

Apparently, it will be set this time in California...probably northern California in the present day.

There also will be 3 main characters with 2 of them male and 1 of them female.

As in last season, there will be 8 episodes, but will depart from last years "1 director" to several directors.

Also, casting will take place within the next several weeks with some "Huge A-List" talent being considered.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/27/true-detective-season-2-scoop/

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Devil's threesome imminent?

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

"You know, that's not what I'm talkin' about, man."

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The use of multiple director's is fairly disappointing, but we'll see. Hopefully the cast is as good as Season 1's was.

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

How about a strung out Jodie Foster with Morgan Freeman and Denzel.

Freeman and Denzel play a detective pair/homosexual couple dealing with the frustration of a raped and battered Foster. Foster had been a child prodigy "Little Girl Tate" only to stumble upon her fathers detective files at age 9. Able to identify a few items to help solve a case, she propels them all to fame. Before it can leak that Little Girl Tate is the ultimate detective, Freeman (the softer man) convinces Denzel to hide the ability of Little Girl Tate. He signs her up for an afterschool program for advanced children. The one child in the class is named "Theodore"and is played by Simon Burch. "Theodore"is highly sensitive to the emotion of others around him and he wears a cane. So Theo is also able to do card counting and etc. They bond because Theo also enjoys sexual murders. The class is taught by Ben Kingsley and he teaches chess to them and it tames them out. Multiple prostitutes start disappearing and in the end the couple (Freeman and Denzel) are torn apart by the spree so close to home. Their inability to rise up and help the other man (with the crime and other things) sends little girl tate into a race to help them. She becomes enthralled. She becomes depressed. She drags little Theo in. He is sensitive to her and loves her. He begins to glance at her breasts when she is leaned over looking at case files. He is wee. He solves the case..... Kingsley had been watching with amusement. When Simon Burch solves said murder he violates Little Girl Tate in front of him and then kills him in front of Little Girl Tate. Little Girl Tate then goes in a foster home and is sent to live in Montana.

You know where it goes from there.

8. Apps

Apps Member

I was really, really hoping they would stick to the Gulf Coast, and make it a Gulf-themed show. Such an underrated and underutilized setting for T.V., IMO. I was hoping they would go from Louisiana to Houston next... disappointing that they head to NorCal. Beautiful but boring, if you ask me. Not nearly as much cultural character as the Gulf.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed.

Rocket River

10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

just catching up on series and thread. I think the California they show will not be the beautiful parts, it will be the desperate and desolate parts. i think they will be able to utilize landscapes and scenery and define the second season in a unique way...

11. across110thstreet

I binge watched season 1 and enjoyed it thoroughly.

one advantage- reading all these old posts and fan theories shows me that viewers were trying to frame Rust as the killer during the season or solve the mystery for themselves. they were trying way too hard looking for the surprise twist ending, but it never came.

I keep seeing all of these critics that were left upset at the loose ends of Marty's daughter and her drawings. some viewers wanted there to be a connection to the killer there, but there just wasn't any.

it was just showing Marty and his homelife.

I though Cohle's transformation at the finale was amazing.

don't know if this was mentioned but the "carcosa" catacombs featured in the finale are East of New Orleans, called Fort Macomb

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think the crowd that felt Rust did it was at a bout 15%. 15% to Marty too. The discussions and detective work post episodes added to the fun.

13. VanityHalfBlack

I've seen three episodes so far and my god, this show is boring!!!!!!!! Does it pick up or what, JESUS!

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Maybe you should stick with your CW shows.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Can't believe you find it boring, but give the 4th episode a shot. That's my favorite one because of an absolutely epic last act. If you don't like it by then, it's just not your kind of show then I suppose.

16. across110thstreet

oh my god Vanity, does it ever.

I promise you the 4th episode, and the final scene, delivers.

17. VanityHalfBlack

Don't get me wrong I love mcconaughey's character in this, it's Harrelson's that's the problem. I really don't care for his character too much. But we'll see.

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I think the show is probably awesome no matter how you take it in, but I really believe the week wait in between episodes and the conspiracy theories in between added a whole lot to it. One of the best tv show experiences of all time.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I just binge watched it. But now that I go through this thread, I wish I had watched it with y'all.

Absolutely fantastic TV, I'm pumped for season 2

20. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

My wife and I accidentally played the season finale on HBOGO first instead of going to episode 1. We were wondering wtf is going on here... ended up watching the entire season and it was ok.