1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CAA: The REAL POWER behind the DEPARTURE of LIN from New York

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bublanski, Jul 19, 2012.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

caa is a big talent agency for athletes and entertainers.

like in Jerry Maguire.

not that big of a deal?

2. wonderkins

wonderkins Member

One cannot listen to SAS without thinking he has a bias against Lin. While, I do not believe he is racist by any means, I do think he believes Lin does not deserve all the media attention he is getting and is sick of it. While he won't admit it, it is obvious he shares the same sentiments as Mayweather, and believes it's all because he's Asian.

3. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

he might not be racist but he sure as heck is afro centric. you cannot deny that.

Just look at all the athletes he hates on:

Jeremy Lin, Tim Tebow, & Manny Pacquiao.

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Are there instances where SAS has gone off on CAA clients?
    If not, then it lends some support to your theory.
    But if so, then it undermines it.

5. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

not really. caa is bound to have a player not perform up to standards & SAS has to call him out on that if wants to have credibility.

that doesnt change the fact that caa can influence him on certain matters.

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

You have your head willingly in the sand if you choose not to believe agencies wield tremendous power.

The NBA isn't about perserving the purity of the game. Hundreds of millions of dollars are exchanged. You better believe there are many people not on the court who are acting in their best interests that are grabbing a piece of that pie.

That said, I can't say conclusively that it's the case here. I think it's a conflation of things and I'm sure CAA was in a few people's ears.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Still, Dolan is too dumb of a owner if surrounded by biased people having ties with CAA.
    Again, even assuming the CAA got its way, why were the Knicks intent on matching Lin to the first offer?

8. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Good article, thanks.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Lol. And I want a bazillion dollars. Good luck with that Melo.

And I'm actually more positive on your game than most, but please.

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Interesting!!

11. conquistador#11

divaminati!
    It's not far fetched that the nba has turned to AAU basketball. All the evidence is there, the shoe deals if you play in that winning organization that is the Nets..the gangbanging..so on

1 person likes this.
  12. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

You know what this STORY needs? MORE random CAPITALIZATION! Giving EMPHASIS to random WORDS is the best way to ATTRACT people to your STORY.

13. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I just think the Knicks wanted him at a cheaper rate because they didn't believe he could replicate his Linsanity performances with the players they are stuck with.

Don't think Carmelo or a mega agency had anything to do with it, just that Lin wanted money and like he said, a team that trusted him as a starter. He got it and now we have to see if he will live up to it.

14. diehardNFFL

diehardNFFL Member

Stephen A Smith is not a Knicks fan, nor does he have anything to do with CAA. David Thorpe, who also works at ESPN, predicted LeBron would go to Miami if the Cavs failed to make the 2010 NBA Finals in like February or March of that year (he probably got that information from either a client of his or Pat Riley - don't tell me there wasn't tampering going on there), whereas Stephen A Smith didn't get that information until the day before it happened. Stephen A Smith also says "THE NETS ARE TAKING OVER" whenever asked about the state of New York basketball for this season and beyond.

15. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Stephen A Smith was just on the Dan LeBatard show this week and explicitly stated that he is a proud Knicks fan.

16. delta69er

delta69er Member

At the end of the day, the NBA is a business. The one and only motive behind any business whether it's a professional sports league or a mom and pops restaurant is $$$.

The CAA is obviously a powerful agency, thus it helps to maximize the profit that the league makes, which in turn gives it a huge influence over the unseen dynamics of the NBA that affect the game just as much as a superstar or a big-name head coach.

17. ejarts

ejarts Member

I forgot about WW. Yes ofcourse NBA has it's version of CIA. They orchestrate a lot of stuff. Freaking sports illuminati. Also, only Black players allowed. I remember GQ write about William Wesley, he's like the godfather of NBA players. They said he's the most powerful man behind the scenes. and recently, GQ released an article about Melos jealousy off Lin stealing his spotlight and it's all about race against Lin. I'm sure GQ knows how CAA works too.

18. ejarts

ejarts Member

also, now that I know Stephen a Smith is part of CAA, it makes sense how he is. he's just a propaganda front to manipulate people into his opinions. you can tell by his eyes that he's very sketchy and full of crap. makes sense now.

19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

This is just dumb. Guys all around the world respect wes because he's real. Real in the sense he speaks the truth and tells these guys what they need to hear not what the wanna hear. Wes has hung out with clinton. I guess he was pulling strings there too. This whole conspiracy stuff is just dumb and dumb to those who believe this bs. At the end of the day, morey constructed a contract that wouldve made matching impossible for the knicks. It was a great move by morey. Why no one is talking about asik deal which is pretty similar?

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Count me in among the conspiracy theorists. Basketball reasons.