1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

C-USA Championship Game

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by North Star, Nov 26, 2006.

1. North Star

North Star Contributing Member

Southern Miss/U of H this Friday at Robertson. I'll be rooting for U of H.

2. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

I'll be rooting for Kevin Kolb to replace David Carr.

3. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Houston's best football team takes the field on Friday. I'll be tailgating Thursday night. See ya there. I'M A COUGAR!

4. Poloshirtbandit

I'll be there. :eek:

5. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Well looking at your sig and reading your post I think it's safe to bet you are not from Houston and are probally from some small town where you have no pro sports teams and really nothing to be proud of. (since your a coog fan we will keep this civil Mr. front runner pro sports bandwagon fan)

We are five years removed from 0-11 I think that everyone should give the coogs some credit but hey I am not sure they are better than Rice right now the way they have been playing.

Today I would take the Coogs but in a close one over Rice. As far as Friday goes I see the Houston pulling it out but losing to an SEC school in the Liberty Bowl.

Still 10 wins is real nice and other than the U LaLa loss nothing to be ashamed of and like I said earlier that Rice 1 point game does not look bad right now.

I said before the year if the coogs beat Ok St they would go 9-3 losing only to Miami, Southern Miss (the two hardest road games) and a third game during the three in a row at home (Tulsa-UTEP) but hey we won our conf games and the U La La loss might have been a blessing. Since then the Coogs have not strayed away from the ground game and their only loss was a close one the next week at Southern Miss.

Go Coogs Friday and now the important thing is to keep this going year after year.

#5 texanskan, Nov 26, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  6. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Go COOGS! We're finally back.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

who do the cougs have waiting in the wings at QB?

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

gonna be there with bells on and beer in hand.

LaMarque dual threat LJ Castille is set to take over the cougar offensive machine next year.

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

sweet, for some reason i thought the game was on Saturday. since it's Friday, gonna make plans to make it out there.

10. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

Count me in. Sec 200 Row "U" as in QB U.

QB for next season might be B. Joseph since he has come in for Kolb on blow out games or they might go with a JUCO playa. Maybe Jevan Snead if he decides to transfer.

11. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

I hear David Carr is being sent back down to the college level to remember how to be a successful quarterback.

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

LOL... :D That made me laugh...he will be available next year for the Texans... :eek: ]

Coogs: 35

SM: 28

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

GO COUGARS!
    Dude :rolleyes: . This has NOTHING to do with David Carr. Why bring that up in this thread?

14. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Might have to talk Anthony Aldridge to come out and we can get him at runningback :D Damn sure couldnt be any worst than what the Texans have now at runningback.

15. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Kolb has a good frame, it's gonna be intresting to see how he does in the pro's his stock sure is high right now.

16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Well, I'm just glad that it'll be on ESPN2 this Friday at 7p.m. for us out of town...

Kolb has the frame and the arm for the pros...These next couple of games, he'll get a lot of attention...

17. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Go Coogs, a conf. championship would be great for them

18. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

If for some strange reason you show up to the game. PLEASE DON'T WEAR TEXANS GEAR! Thank you.

19. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

its gonna be a hell of an atmosphere at Robertson, cold weather and all. a Conference championship sounds pretty damn good.

What UH and Rice have done, being small city schools with the likes of Texas and Texas A&m and LSU and Oklahoma close by, this is very impressive.

Go Coogs!!!

20. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Absolutely! GO COOGS!

It would be nice to see some football team from Houston win something significant other than a toilet bowl game. Oh wait, the Texans lost that one to SF last year. :D

Seriously, it's great seeing UH get good pub and restoring Cougar pride. Thanks Art Briles for spearheading a great season! :D