1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

C Jacobsen or D Wesley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eyhab27, Jan 24, 2005.

1. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

We all know how we traded Jim Jackson and Boki for D Wesley to the Hornets. Hornets then turned around and traded Jim Jackson to the Suns for Casey Jacobsen and two other prospects. Do you you think that we lost out on this? Do you guys think that it would have been a better trade if we traded for Jacobsen who is an excellent shooter and ball handler with some height? Maybe that way we could have kept Nachbar... I know there would be some cap restrictions, but Im sure there would have been a way to work it out.

Just curious to see what people think...

2. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

I think we did the trade to get Nachbar to NO and JJ was just thrown in to match salary. I really doubt we would have traded JJ to Phoniex if Nachbar wasn't included.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Why would we want to get Nachbar to New Orleans so bad that we'd throw away a starter? :confused:

4. PhiSlammaJamma

It's funny, I actually traded for Jacobsen in nbalive 2005 and he was awesome on the Rockets. He was my leading scorer at like 23.5 ppg.

5. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Casey Jacobson your leading scorer? did you dispose of McGrady and Yao?

6. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

what?

I was able to trade for R. Jefferson and Dirk Nowitski... it took some finageling, 3 way trades... etc.

But now I have a starting 5 of Sura, TMac, RJ, Dirk, and Yao.

They're all averaging about 35 points a game in 8 minute quarters (because I'm equal opportunity), except Sura who's averaging 18 assists.

you must be playing on superstar difficulty... but even then you'd have to feature Jacobsen to have him score more than TMac and Yao.

7. eyhab27

I dont know. Even though I like the Wesley trade, I think we could have gotten more since we threw in Nachbar in the trade. Another factor is the fact that Jimmy is so cheap! He was arguably the most bang for the buck last season for us. Oh well, everything happens for a reason. We really need to bring in Baidine and Spounillis next year! I hope they are seasoned enough to make an impact. I like the upside of Badiane's game.

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Yes.

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I don't know which Casey Jacobsen you are talking about but the one I know is pretty one dimensional---a shooter, nothing else.

Excellent ball handler????? You must be referring to his low turnovers per game average. You'll have that when you don't touch the ball much.

Doesn't defend well, doesn't rebound and on top of that his shooting percentages aren't even that good. No thanks.

......and Boki sucks, deal with it. I'm glad he is gone, leaves us with a roster spot and the flexibility to add somebody that actually has NBA talent.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

his spot went to rod stickland.

11. baller4life315

We needed a PG and the selection for the position is limited to begin with. I'm not a Strickland fan and i'm sick of the whole, "Hey, if you're an ex-Knick and you are real old the Rockets are gonna sign ya!" mindset we seem to be in but at least Strickland is a proven player.

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he may be proven but he is out of shape, slow, and can't hit a jumper. the worst part is he has no upside anymore. at least barrett may be with us in the future. IMO he deserves the backup minutes.

i liked the jj for wesley deal. i feel that wes is a better this this season. that is the reason we made the trade. boki was just a cap filler. i liked boki, but he wasn't going anywhere on our team.

13. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Suns were not in the hunt for experience when we traded JJ. They only started looking when Nash went down. Timing is the key.

14. baller4life315

I agree that Barrett looks like a possible keeper and he should get more minutes. I love his quickness, the way he pushes the ball & his ability to penetrate & dish.

However, with Sura's bad knee, Barrett being only a rookie, Ward being a POS on the IR, we needed some form of insurance at the position. I suppose Strickland can suffice, but let's just hope Sura's knee holds up.

The JJ for Wesley deal needed to happen I suppose. It's obvious JVG wants T-Mac playing more minutes at the 3 and JJ probably wasn't quick enough anymore to defend shooting guards anymore, so perhaps that was the logic?

15. PhiSlammaJamma

Yeah. I'm playing superstar and have all the sliders set perfectly. It's actually about a 50/50 proposition that I win. I usually shoot about 40% for the game. The computer about 55%. T-Mac averages about 16.5 and Yao will get me about 13.0, but Jacobsen is probably the best shooter in the whole game so I run him off the pick and roll and he's deadly. Wesley is sooo bad I don't even play him. Padgett is pretty good too because he is accurate from the 10-15 foot range.

16. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

That's one way to play. Just play to win. The way I challenge myself is to double the opponents' score on All-Star. And it's only about 50-50 that I do that. That way if I get it, good, if I don't, eh I still won. Pretty weak huh?

:p

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

pretty much. plus wes has the ability to penetrate. jj never did. also wes doesn't shoot every time he touches the ball. he is a good passer and has some PG skills that helps our offense. jj was just a spot up shooter.

18. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

David Wesley can D up any 1 or 2. We just so happend to need his presence. Great trade. CD is a Magician.

You definately will not see Jake get anywhere close to DW's presence.

#18 r-fan-since-81, Jan 24, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

wesley owns.

20. eyhab27

I agree, I like the D Wesley trade alot. Just wanted to see what most of you guys thought about a guy like CJ.