1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

C.J. Fiedorowicz - Texans' third round (#65 overall) pick

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Clutch, May 9, 2014.

?

Do you agree with this pick?

1. YES

72 vote(s)
    60.5%
  2. NO

47 vote(s)
    39.5%
  1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We should offer New England the following trade:

CJF (#65) and Savage (#135)

for Garoppolo (#62) and Cameron Fleming (#140)

Personally, I wouldn't make the trade. I don't believe in Garoppolo at all. I'm also fairly pessimistic about Savage, but all I need is to be against Garoppolo to make this trade a bad one from my perspective. By far the most likely scenario is that neither Garoppolo nor Savage pan out. So what do you have left? A 6-6 hardnosed TE with good hands against a 6'6 314lb tackle from Stanford, a program that, aside from a certain QB, has the reputation for pumping out "soft" football players. I got nothin' else on Fleming, do you?

2. Remii

Remii Member

Not really because "need" is different from "want." As in, what makes you think the Texans wanted Jimmy or the Patriots wanted CJ....

Did the Patriots report they wanted CJ...??? Because they did report they wanted Blake.

On another note _ New England usually spends high round picks on TE's who are more versatile receiving options that can make plays after the catch _ Benjamin Watson, Gronk, Hernandez.... CJ doesn't fit that mold. He's strength is his blocking.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

While he doesn't have huge YAC potential, he's a really big target that has the short range quickness to get open and has the hands to make life easy for QB's. He's one hell of a TE to have in red zone situations because on top of being a red zone threat himself, he has the blocking ability to create opportunities for the RB too. Think of him as a better blocking Gronk clone with a slightly slower 40 time.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

What's that?

5. Remii

Remii Member

I don't see it. He doesn't get down the seem like Gronk and bust a defense wide open. Gronk is a true "playmaker" with GREAT hands. Too fast for most LB's and safeties to cover and too big for corners to cover... True matchup nightmare.

I see more of a Heath Miller type guy in CJ than I do a Gronk type... And that's not a bad thing.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well yeah, he doesn't have the straightaway speed for seam routes, but his short range quickness is even better than Gronk's. I see him as more of a "move the chains" or red zone kind of guys. The fact that on top of that he's the best blocking TE in the class makes him a dangerous TE to have. Heath Miller could be a good comparison,but I think he's quicker than that.

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Not even close to Gronk. Im thinking more of Joseph Fauria

8. cdastros

cdastros Member

He reminds me of slightly better Joel Dreessen more than Gronk. Elite blocking TE that can catch the ball in tight coverage.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I liken him to Heath Miller. And its not just because Iowa unis are black and yellow also.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The scouting on him is he can't get open and has no YAC.

How is that like Gronk?

11. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Bumping this thread to say that dude suuuuuuuucks so far. He was drafted for his blocking skills but has been given a negative grade by PFF in 3 of the 5 games he has played so far.

Between XSF, Fiedo and Nix 2 out 3 need to be long-term contributors or the rebuilding process will be further delayed. Especially without a QB.

12. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

He is awful thus far. He can't catch the ball, and I'm pretty sure he has been called for the most penalties on the team.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's a rookie, TE's usually start off their careers slowly. He still has a ton of potential both as a blocker and as a receiver. He wasn't going to come out of the draft and be Gronk from day one, if he was that kind of player, he'd be drafted in the top 10 overall.

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

He has 3.

Duane Brown and Brandon Brooks are tied for the team lead with 5.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/team/houston-texans?year=2014

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member