1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

C.J. Fiedorowicz - Texans' third round (#65 overall) pick

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Clutch, May 9, 2014.

?

Do you agree with this pick?

1. YES

72 vote(s)
    60.5%
  2. NO

47 vote(s)
    39.5%
  1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

True. The elite QB play that Brady gives NE makes all the difference in the world, but I also don't think NE ever had defensive players the caliber of Watt and possibly Clowney.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You have to love their draft targets. Big, athletic guys, with toighness to boot.

No way BOB has no input on the picks. It's not all on the GM, our HC has his fingerprints all over this draft class. And we ain't even done yet!

So excited now.

3. Remii

Remii Member

They picked up a big blocking TE during the off season so we already had 4 on the roster. But maybe they felt they had to have him.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

We need to stop assuming that the guys we have on contract are viewed as "serviceable" by BOB. He didn't draft them. For all we know, he thinks they're trash. We should expect him to make a few seemingly redundant draft picks as he brings in "his" guys.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I keep hearing people say " but we already have 4 TE's on the roster" as if merely being on the roster makes them good.

We probably signed Zach Potter as a "just in case" TE. We knew that we needed a blocking TE, and you never know how the draft is gonna shake out. It isn't as if we gave him a significant deal. Supernaw and Griffin are probably camp fodder.

The Polish hat looks like a potential player to me. Good blocker, and also huge target in short yardage situations. Really solid athleticism for a big guy too.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think Griffin has a ton of potential, he's more than camp fodder, but I don't think BOB wanted to risk going into the year without at least one proven TE on the roster which is why they kept Graham around. That said, the polish hat and Griffin are the future IMO

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Nothing wrong with having 3 good TE's: Graham, Griffen, and Polish. Our offense will be dangerous.

Now find a way to get a RT

8. Fantasma Negro

Williams and Quessenberry will fight it out for that spot

9. Remii

Remii Member

I keep hearing you guys say BPA. Well CJ wasn't the best player available.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently BOB and Rick disagree.

11. Remii

Remii Member

I'm not surprised. Especially when it comes to Rick.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, do you have more fan fiction about how BOB wanted someone else but Rick and McNair forced the TE on him? I mean, it was very obviously a BOB pick, but you've never let that stop you before.

13. Remii

Remii Member

I think O'Brien will be a good coach. But so far the Belichick coaching tree has bared rotten fruit and O'Brien has never built a team so I don't take every move he makes as religion... Unlike you.

I'm not saying CJ is a bad player _ but there's not much separation between him and about 6 other TE's ranked behind him. I just believed they could have came away with a day 1 full time starter at that spot at a position of need. And CJ wasn't the best player on the board according to the "consensus" but we shall see. Still more picks to make.

14. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

From what I have been reading he was the best all around Y-TE in the draft.

15. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

People make a little too much out of guys being drafted too soon. If you really like a guy and have good reason to think he's gone the next time you pick, I'd rather you go ahead and grab him rather than get caught up in the "value" game and keep watching your guy go just before you pick. (and draft a guy you clearly didn't do homework on because you were caught flat footed *cough*sammontgomery*cough*)

If Fiedorowicz pans out as a top 10 starter, no one in the world would say "but they took him too early"

A lot of folks also seem to get tunnel-visioned judging TEs based simply on pass catching. A strong blocking TE makes a huge difference to your line, and we've been missing one of those for a couple years. Takes heat off the issue at RT if the two guys next to him can handle their business.

16. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ugh makes me wish we didn't waste money on Graham though. I love this pick, but CJ/Griffin are better fits than Graham, who possesses nothing unique.

17. jojobabbu

jojobabbu Member

Awwww but he is a really nice guy :(

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He's only making a little over 3 million per season. If CJ or Griffin prove to be capable starters Graham can get cut next offseason.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

Coincidence that OBrien picked up a player the Patriots needed more after Belichek picked up a player the Texans needed more?

20. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Lol he has a 'Murica tattoo