1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

C(Bud)eiling?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Jun 19, 2010.

1. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Very nice comparison! I like your logic lol but in all seriousness Budinger has yet to get a go to mentality in that you can give him the ball and let him create.

2. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

We have seen so much from both Chase and Hill, and in such a short time (Hill especially) I am cautious to throw those two out when they have the potential to keep improving. I think both fit our team well, that can't always be replaced.

With Randolph I am nervous about adding such an immature guy to our lineup. Even our young players were rather mature. Another thing, chemistry. We've all discussed it, but we have seen it for ourselves.

Tmac's first season we had built great chemistry, with far more inferior players. Jon Barry, Sura, Tmac, Yao, Padgett. Things worked for a little while, then we traded some players and people got hurt and we tried adding players who were supposed to be decent role players, but never could get into anything. Basically, I don't want to see that happen again. I don't want to be disappointed with another Pippen or Barkley.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

With the Lakers probably set to win it the next couple of years you got to have a dominant big guy.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

R
    O
    O
    K
    I
    E

Year.

DD

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I agree completely. If Morey tries this, he will see sooner or later that one of them definitely has to go, maybe two.

6. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

We are all very aware of that DD, thanks for pointing out the obvious yet again. But a lot of the guys who do have that ability, come into the league with it.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

S
    E
    C
    O
    N
    D
    rounder

just for the fun of it ;)

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Possibly the most irrelevent comment in the history of the BBS. No one cares what they thought of him predraft, they will only look at how he played in the NBA.

Some players fit the NBA game better than college, clearly, Chase was one of those players.

At least according to Daryl Morey, I mean he only called him "The most NBA ready player he has ever had"...

DD

9. dragonz

dragonz Member

I do agree with the reasoning here.

10. Egghead

Egghead Member

Chase was considered a lottery pick-1st rounder had he declared after his freshman or sophomore year. Take a look at DraftExpress mock draft history on Chase...

After his sophomore year...
    [​IMG]

Even though Chase was a 2nd rounder, he is a 1st round talent.

11. Egghead

Egghead Member

whoops.. here's the link

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Chase-Budinger-502/mock-draft-history/

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

guess that's how fun comments are treated.
    Seriously NBA ready players mean they have been scouted very well and there's small room to improve because of little raw talent. Bud according to reports is an already developed player in college who has little room to improve.
    We as homers hope he can become that borderline allstar but realistically I would say his ceiling is not very high.
    That's what most NBA ready means to me.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This deduction is reasonable. Let's say Chase is more of an NBA player than college player.
    It says absolutely nothing on how good he can become. It says his game translates better to the pro game. He was a reliable wing who did quite well. Does that imply he can become more than a good rotational player, more than a good 6th man?
    That is still a big question mark.