1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

C(Bud)eiling?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Jun 19, 2010.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The first part is pretty good. One thing:
    Chase has proven to be a good BENCH GUY.
    agree with 2 studs that are NBA ready
    other studs are in the making
    the final say is not up to us

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If there was an indication that he'd become a solid contributor on D I would gladly keep him
    the only real hindrance
    the same with landry... if he could only defend above average

3. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I think Bud's a good up and coming player, the thing that worried me the most is when he comes into a game and we are losing say by 4 points, the lead is ballooned to 10 or more points after the 3 or 4 mins he's been in the game. Some of you might say its a team sport and its not his fault. Well if his teammate has to leave his man to help Bud out on his, then yes, its his fault and he needs to work hard on his D.

4. joesr

joesr Member

wait, whose 2012??? starting to give up a lot there guy

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

precisely. We had that talk about one way players. If there was a prospect while still being raw but has the tools, say length or wingspan, or rondoesque hands but still can put the ball into the hoop, well pull the trigger

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gasoft as an example, although not known as KG on D, was always a finesse player offensively
    His length helped him a lot to block shots and his agility to keep up with the opponent
    I really hate to praise this guy

7. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

First of all, the title of this thread is turrible. Second, no, I wouldn't trade CBud for anything other than the #2+ pick. Obviously we'd give up more than CBud for a higher draft position which is too much.

CBud has displayed great potential in being a high caliber role player. He has a good bball IQ and great mindset which means he will work well together with anyone.

8. RyanB

RyanB Member

trading him for better yes
    but i'd prefer to keep Hill because i believe he can be our beast inside ala Kevin Garnett... just give the guy some time and ya'll see

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

yes da New KID

10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

rep....

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

**** like that tends to backfire fo sho!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. meh

meh Contributing Member

Maybe you have something there.

Micheal Jordan seems to be a very unlucky man, because he seems to keep getting the wrong guess every time. I mean, if only he had blinded guessed Gasol rather than Kwame Brown. Or if he had guessed Roy instead of Adam Morrison. He'd be considered a good GM.

And why is Utah so damned lucky? The one time they guessed, they guess right trading up for Deron Williams. Why is it that Sam Petrie guess wildly and landed Westbrook?

I think Morey doesn't need his computers or his big staff of scouts and nerds. What he needs is one super-awesome

[​IMG]

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

How many Kobes come up in the draft? Way to use the exception as the standard. For every Kobe there's dozen of NBA draft busts. Trading C-bud means we're not getting value for him because the huge supply of forwards in the NBA drives his trade value down. I'd rather keep him and benefit from having an above average player in the roster for the next 10 years.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you don't get attached to players, you are not a Rocket fan...

15. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

No, but I would do it for Favors.

Hill vs. Chase: all else being equal, it's tough, but I give the edge to Hill. Really, though, it depends on what else is happening: if we pick up Favors or Cousins in the draft, I'd rather keep Chase.

Chase + #14 for #6: I think Chase + #14 is worth #5. As for pulling the trigger on the #6, it depends on how high DM is on who is available there. I think I'd do it if Cousins were available, though I see him as somewhat risky.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Its the other way around. If you are too attached to a player, you arte not a Rockets team fan.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

Hence, my earlier point. Morey needs his

[​IMG]

18. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

again, we have enough "above average" players. every player we have is non-elite, limited, one dimensional, undersized, etc etc. how about we give up a few of our "above average" players in a quantity-for-quality move and pick up a guy or two that is elite or close to elite at their position.

all the teams that went deep in the NBA playoffs had elite guys. the rockets dont have any. zero. seriously, zero. think about that. now if by some miracle Yao comes back at a 20/10 level with no ill effects of surgery and rehab, the rockets will have one elite player. the celtics had 4. the lakers had at least 2 and possibly 3 depending what you think of bynum or artest. the magic had at least 2, more like 3. the suns had at least 2. the spurs have 3. the mavs have at least 2 . . . as of now the rockets have zero.

so whats the fascination with above average guys? only 5 can play at a time. in the playoffs when the opposing team has guys like lebron, or wade, or ginobili, or stoudemire playing, your above average guy will be at a matchup disadvantage. having a decent bench is nice, yeah, but in the playoffs the starters/best players play 35-40 minutes a game. what does your bench depth of above average guys help you with then besides cover for injuries?

whether we like it or not, this team is not championship caliber until you get at least 2 elite players. right now we have zero. if trading our above average guys gets us elite players, we have to do it. unless, of course, you guys are happy winning 50 games, losing in the playoffs, and getting a crap draft pick for the rest of eternity.

19. The Stig

The Stig Member

I think we would be giving up too much for DeMarcus unless Morey thinks he's worth it.

I can totally see C-Bud as a starter in the future but for now, I think that the Rockets are doing a great job putting his talent to good use. Just gotta work on that defense a little and start finding a way to create his own shots.

20. tofu--

tofu-- Member

his ceiling is a white larry bird