1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bye Bye Jazz!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketMan East, May 16, 2000.

1. RocketMan East

I think I speak for all true Rocket fans when I say that Quitten sucks.

But you know, for one brief moment, I put that negativity aside...

The Jazz are done. You can stick a fork in 'em. Hornacek retires, and it looks like Charles Barkley will soon have company among the ringless in the way of Malone and Stockton.

Thanks, Scottie QUITTEN!!!

------------------
    WE HAVE WATCHED THEM FALL.
    -- AntiSonic

[This message has been edited by RocketMan East (edited May 16, 2000).]

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Poor Bryon Russell.... TOTALLY choking on those freebies. My heart went out to him .... (thick sarcasm sensors going nuts)

This just in: Jazz Era that never existed officially ends.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

An ex-Rocket ended their season! LOL.

------------------
    "We're sitting there, shooting alcohol into our veins...

We could just drink it!"

-Tommy Lee

4. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Pip/clutch - oddly not an oxymoron tonight.

I must say I was torn. On one hand, an ignorant, obnoxious ex-Rocket traitor that ridiculed one of our hometown favs and who questioned the integrity of our local legend - but on the other hand you have the Utah Jazz. There are few decisions in life as difficult as that one. [​IMG] But the Blazers won over me. Asides for Quitten, I don't really hate any of the Blazers - even Damon I can forgive - while the history we have with the Spazz is feuded with too much blood.

I did feel some sympathy for the Jazz, and especially Russell, when he clanked those two free throws. Man, first he gets posterized in one of the most epic shots of all time by MJ, and then now this! Visions of Nick Anderson were dancing in my head after watching that [​IMG] But can you believe that team after he missed the first one? Rather than accept the fact that he choked, their immediate reaction was to complain about some camera man who apparently distracted his shot. Vintage Jazz.

Now I'm starting to get excited about the Blazers and LakeShow series. Hopefully Phoenix can make it a series and take some oomph out of L.A.
    Regardless, it will be Portland in 6, IMHO.

Azim da Dream

------------------
    True champions do not take their failures to heart and never let success go to their heads.

[This message has been edited by Azim da Dream (edited May 16, 2000).]

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Azim,

I agree they're making up excuses, but their excuse wasn't that a camera-man distracted him, but rather that a fan or someone was shaking the goal as he was shooting it.

------------------
    ?

6. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Did that actually happen? Did someone really shake the goal enough to interfere? And was Russell fouled on his last shot? Just wondering, didn't see it. I'd have to assume it's more whining, from past experience.

7. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

I hate the Jazz as much as anybody, but I still wish they could've extended the series with the Blazers. There is not one other player in the NBA that I hate more now than Scottie Pukin'.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

It's possible that someone was shaking the basket because, as I believe Kenny Smith brought up, Utah has done that to the Rockets before. So maybe it was a little payback. I tend to believe it. I don't think it made a difference anyway because the shot was really short, but the way he reacted made it seem extremely possible.

The funny part was when one announcer made reference that it was Byron Russell's nerves that made it look like it was shaking. Hee- Hee. And then commented back to Jordan's posterizing of him in Game 6. Oh my, to be Byron Russell today. Ouch. But oh my god!, to be Shaq in the Finals with it all on the line... so to speak.

I missed the part where Stockton shot an airball in the closing minutes. Was that true? I'd be shocked if it was. He's such a good shooter. Did he choke too?

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

9. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

DREAMer, you took the words right out of my mouth. I knew that the Jass will not win the next game (if they had won), so I was hoping that Quitten would airballed that last shot. [​IMG]

Oh well, I am hoping for a 7 game series, with Lakers squeaking by.... then for the Knicks to beat LA in 6 (I know, I know, ... wishful thinking.)

10. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Feel no sympathy or sorrow for the Spazz. They had two, count em' two chances for a ring and couldn't get the job done! The way they choked last night was swwweeeetttt!

I've said it before and I'll say it again!

Karma is a wonderful thing!

Time to make the donuts...

------------------

[This message has been edited by mc mark (edited May 17, 2000).]

11. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Azim, ditto on Nick Anderson flash backs, Anytime I see clutch free throws missed I think back to the Rocks/Magic finals.

------------------
    THE DEAN HAS WRITTEN