1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buyout targets ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Jan 25, 2019.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love this idea!!! Great low risk high reward signing. Even if only 10 day. Former can't miss prospect.

Have not followed his career in Europe, has he improved his 3 ball and developed some nasty?

2. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

3. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

sign Ben McLemore to 10 days contract
    at least he can knock down open 3

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Honestly , nick young gave harden some trouble in the WCF last year .

Now , I think that was mostly due to the fact that he was allowed to mug him and he wouldn't get that same benefit on the rockets.

But it's worth kicking the tires maybe .

He prolly can't play backup 4 , but at 6'6" he's got decent size

roro12 and elmotsangtt like this.
  5. SRR21

SRR21 Member

All I know is this team needs more options this team is old. We are not past the injury bug. I mean people will get hurt with 25 games left. Sign House and Swaggy P not going to help def but Swaggy can score and House fits system. I hope a PF is bought out. I would like to see Harden get to sit a few games in the last couple weeks before playoff run.

6. Fantasma Negro

Eric Moreland, Casspi ( will be cleared in three weeks from knee surgery) and sign House. There's nothing else out there unless Wilson Chandler gets waived and even then I don't know what he could give us this season

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Moreland is talented, I'm really surprised why has he been a major disappointment. We need some consistency now, more than anyone else. I'm not interested in Casspi. I doubt if he could even play a limited role after coming back from knee surgery. Health is a big problem for our Rockets. At least Wilson can give you something as compared to these players. I'm not sure if he will be waived or if he will want to join Houston.

8. rockets13champs

whiskeyred and saleem like this.
  9. saleem

Sign House for sure. Swaggy P, I don't know if he can fit in with Green, Shumpert. I think DJ is the only good potential buyout player, if he and NY agree to a deal, which seems quite unlikely right now.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

we going after a guy that shops at a thrift store.

11. rockets13champs

12. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

tomorrow is the deadline to add two more players
    i doubt they will get playing time
    maybe we should sign Zhou Qi again

JVL713 and jb86 like this.
  13. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

14. rockets13champs

I’m sure we agree to a contract tn and he signs it on paper tommorow

15. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

If House is still playing the waiting game, let's sign Nick young and Gortiat for 10 days contract. We can sign Zach Randolph too. He is black bear in Memphis. I think he does not mind the playing time. He is strong power forward which can protect the rim and wants the champion. All give them 10 days contract. Finally we can make decisions and choose the best on 1 March

16. fattz

fattz Member

I love the Rockets so much. We are trying to fill out our roster after the trade deadline and we are still looking like we have a chance for something special to happen. I am hoping against better judgment to all works out.
    Go Rockets!

saleem and SamFisher like this.
  17. jb86

jb86 Member

I think we should bring Zhou Qi back.

18. Fantasma Negro

Moreland is a tenacious rebounder, having him spell Capela means you have consistent size on the floor at all times. Whenever Capela is out of the game the team is at a huge rebound deficiency, rebounds lead to fast breaks and second chance shots and the one thing Moreland can do is rebound, would be a good get. Casspi is more to the fact that there's not much available at the sf/pf position. Paul Zipser would be great but he signed in Germany, Beas would've been great but I think he's done with the nba for now. Nicolo Melli's season is over now so we know Morey will at least shoot his shot. Also, Quincy Acy has been working on his three point shot and can defend well so maybe he fits the bill. Honestly at this point I'd be giving Anthony Bennett's reps a call too

19. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

20. saleem

Zach probably won't agree to a 10 day contract. I don't know what he can give after not playing throughout the season. I don't want to sign him up for the rest of the year, but I wouldn't mind if he was signed for a 10 day contract. My gut feeling is that he can still score and rebound efficiently even at the age of 37. He would have to be a center, but I think there is no harm in giving him a chance. Cut him after 10 days, if he can't play.

jb86 likes this.