1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buyout Candidates 2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Feb 6, 2020.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

AND his length. :D

daywalker02, DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Clemons is on regular contract.

Frazier and Howard are on 2 Ways.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Moe Harkless gets bought out, Morey needs to do everything he can to steal him from Lakers.

I would rather Harkless stay with Knicks then end up with LAL.

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/02/lakers-moe-harkless-buyout-knicks-future/

Russ, Rivers
    Harden, EGo, McLemore
    RoCo, Demarre, House
    Harkless, Bruno
    Tucker, Green, Thabo

That is a legit 12 man rotation. And would allow Rockets to throw waves of 3-D disruptors at opposing teams for 4 full quarters.

Even on Russ B2B, this team would be ridiculous on offense and defense.

#1123 D-rock, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets need 1 MOE addition!!

Harkless to Houston, Morey make it so!

Starting 5

6'3 Brodie 6'8 wingspan (31)
    6'5 Beard 6'11 wingspan (30)
    6'7 RoCo 7'2 wingspan (29)
    6'8 Harkless 7'2 wingspan (26)
    6'9 Bruno Caboclo 7'7 wingspan (24)

Tucker, Demarre, EGo, Green, House, McLemore off the bench.

DeBeards likes this.
  5. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I can't see harkless picking rockets over Lakers. I hope I am wrong

6. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

I think Houston can take a look at those cp3 type guard who can control and assist type guard and a center like Tristan Thompson. I think we can consider I Thomas. He must better than clemons because he has eastern finals experience. I think he can like MVP rose and able to come back. Westbrook is an attack type guard, cp3 is more able to control the rhythm and brings the team to win.

7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

As long as he’s healthy enough to play, P.J. Tucker will not be removed from the starting lineup. While you can’t teach length, you can’t teach Tucker’s elite defensive instincts, either.

RocketsTerps and D-rock like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bruno needs to earn it of course. If he can switch D efficiently and also contribute as disruptor and score, MDA and the team will trust him more.

Tucker is better when he is not exhausted. Whether as starter or coming off bench, Tucker is valuable do not get me wrong. But I want the 3 most complementary and efficient players around Russ and James to start and end games.

So play whomever is hot - shooting, rim protecting and rebounding.

Most nights it will be Tucker, on nights he's not, play someone else.

RoCo-Harkless-Bruno is our longest combination of 3-D disruptors (switch D, rim protect, steals, deflections, low post D, rebound, rim run & finish hard) so I am hoping for the best.

DeBeards likes this.
  9. johnk2220

johnk2220 Member

Where has Bruno been by the way??

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Recuperating from bone bruise (knee).

DeBeards and amaru like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

He can be starter for Rockets, that and playing revolutionary style of ball, hope is enough enticement.

eliefor3, DeBeards and BamBam like this.
  12. raining threes

Has O'Quinn been bought out yet?

Perfect C for this offense and can block shots, is a good rebounder, moves his feet well on defense and can hit a 3 occasionally.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Isaiah Thomas cannot switch on D. Otherwise Clemons would be playable.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nope.

DeBeards and raining threes like this.
  15. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Dude....I’m not sure you post enough on this site.

DeBeards, swoosh1014 and D-rock like this.
  16. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

That gonna be the worst scenario to us…literally a disaster

LBJ wont allow lac who deemed to be the biggest playoff threat, to get an upper hand in terms of that, cuz obviously at age of 35 he is all in for the champion this season.
    I do think lal are brewing a couple of moves aiming at Tyler Johnson / Hackless or others right after reggie and Morris joining in lac.

edit: actually we could do nothing but working hard on bidding which is tilman's call:(:oops:

#1136 DeBeards, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    BamBam and D-rock like this.
  17. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I still want us to give Justin Anderson a try.
    I like Bolden too but he has a 10 day contract atm
    Bender would be nice but might be too long for MDA
    Johnson would be nice as well but might be too small.
    And Ryan Broekhoff would be nice as well with that nice and quick release. And of this list has the better shooting %.
    But Justin Anderson would bring some nice defense. We could match him up against Marcus Morris :). He does get in people’s skin. I remember Harden being bother by him. He also has a nice stroke from 3. I been watching some highlights. Even getting 50 points in the G-league. 6 or 8 from three and every shot nothing but net. All we need is a couple more shooters. All we need is spot up shooters who can bring some decent defense. That’s all I’m asking.

If we going small ball. I would pick up Broekhoff and Anderson. If we need to cut someone maybe cut Clemons he mig be too small to play him in this system.

I would take J. Anderson, Ryan Broekhoff and Bender over Clemons, Howard and Frazier.

that way we can have Ryan Anderson back in our system ;). Kidding aside I would really prefer those 3 over the other 3 that we have.

fckbandwagons, D-rock and DeBeards like this.
  18. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Brabra said he might get bought out. But it’s looking more like he won’t. Philly probably will keep him for insurance in case Embiid gets hurt.

raining threes and D-rock like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

20. vator

vator Contributing Member

If the Rockets were somehow able to snag Harkless I might have to drop some money on them in Vegas. He would unlock this team's full potential. If Demarre isn't washed he can also be that guy, but he is 33 and Harkless is 26. Fingers crossed that Carroll still has it and then adding Moe would just be a luxury. My mind can't even imagine what having a good version of Carroll along with Harkless, Covington, and Tucker could do defensively. I'd throw Bruno in that with his 7'7 wingspan, but he's unproven and Jeff Green has the ability, but we don't know if he'll lock-in, game in and game out. Those other guys play hard-nosed, gritty defense consistently and take pride in it.

Harkless and Marvin Williams to me were the top two players that could potentially help the Rockets the most if they were bought out. Marvin chose to go somewhere where he didn't have to play center and I get it, but gun to my head and I'm told I could only pick one of those guys, I would go with Harkless despite not quite being the shooter Williams is. Not quite as big, but a better defender and he would be amazing next to Covington and Tucker. I have hope and I'm optimistic about Demarre Carroll teaming with RoCo to be our new Ariza/Mbah a Moute combo, but RoCo and Harkless dare I say would have the potential to be even better than Trevor and Luc. Roco, Harkless, and Carroll? Hide your kids...hide your wives!

All that said, he still has to be bought out and he'd still have to pick us over the Lakers, Blazers, or whomever.