1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Buyers remorse: Obama declares war on business

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

You should brush up on your reading comprehension.

I never made a positive statement on where the polls would wind up, only that posting a poll now is meaningless. The opinion polls that will matter are those that will be conducted after the stimulus has been effectuated.

2. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

Wow, SamFisher you are usually quite the critic when I make a comment. I guess my talk about the direct correlation with our past allies and our future safety in America was too deep.....or was it too on the spot? Let's go Obamaites debate me on the Iraq war or the Clinton housing bubble. It's Sunday, I'm home, the wife is at the movies, and I'm just enjoying halftime of the Phoenix game.

3. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

We can debate how Bill Clinton caused the housing crisis and 9/11.You know how Bill Clinton could have killed Osama, but called it off because his future boss' son was hunting with Osama.........remember this, here let me copy and paste for you deomcrats.

In 1999, less than two years before Clinton left office, the head of the CIA’s Bin Laden unit reported he had the Most Wanted Terrorist in his cross hairs. Michael Scheuer notified the White House that Bin Laden’s exact location had been confirmed by real-time ground observation.

He was entertaining guests at a falcon hunt campsite in Khandahar, Afghanistan, and Scheuer asked permission to annihilate the site.

Permission was denied for reasons of “collateral damage” and “friendlies in the area”. One of the “friendlies” was later identified as Mohammed bin Rashid Maktoum, then UAE Defense Minister and/or his Army Chief.

Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Henry Shelton, told the 9/11 Commission that his “counterpart” in the UAE said he was hunting at a camp in the Afghanistan desert at that time. (His UAE counterpart most likely would be Defense Minister Maktoum.)
    While in office, Clinton had publicly appealed to the UAE for counterterrorism help, and to break ties with the Taliban, but the UAE refused. Groups designated as “Global Terrorists” continued to receive hundreds of millions of dollars from the UAE even after 9/11.

Nonetheless, soon after leaving office, Clinton joined those getting paid by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, now Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai. In late 2001, Clinton received more than $1 million in Dubai (UAE) speaking fees and donations to his presidential library.

Just months before, the UAE had announced in Arab News that it was finalizing its second $150 million dollar payment to -- US Specially Designated Global Terror Groups -- Al-Aqsa and Palistine Intifada Jihad.

That same year, Bill Clinton joined the investment firm Yucaipa Companies, from which, his tax returns disclose, he received more than $15 million as “consultant” since 2003.

Besides Clinton’s long-time donor Ronald Burkle, Yucaipa’s main shareholder is Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, who, perhaps along with Bin Laden, owes his life to Clinton.

Bush wanted to kill the guy Bill saved so he could land a couple big deals in the future....always looking out for your country dems!

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

My reading comprehension is just fine, my ability to read between the lines is what got to you I guess. Nothing pushes your buttons like pointing out the sad state and limited appeal of the Grand Regional Party, does it?

5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Link please.

6. SamFisher

He's busy writing his PhD Thesis for the University of Phoenix, he'll get back to you later.

7. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

That should go in a new thread.

8. Refman

No...I just happen to not like having things read into my posts that are not there.

I guess you conveniently forgot about the numerous posts I have made stating that at this point in our history we need Obama to succeed and my support of a stimulus package that will put people back to work in government projects.

It must be liberating to not have to look at what I have recently said, but to just draw your own conclusions because you believe...ugh...conservative bad...ugh.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I was willing to give you a chance, but **** you sound more like an as$hole. Crying foul over losing money. You think a lot of people don't work hard for their money. You feel like in some superiority just because you worked so freakin hard for your badass degrees and your awesome salary. A lot people work hard, it just doesn't lead to your salary. Talk about being a snot, geez.

10. fredred

fredred Member

Well, using a poll is as meaningless as the argument provided by the article that the said poll counters. All in all, it doesn't really matter what people think now because, as you point out, that will change with the success or failure of the stimulus/economic recovery. But it is nice to have the backing of the public still.

11. fredred

fredred Member

The irony is he doesn't see that the opportunities he's had, assuming the little story he posted was accurate, aren't available to everyone. He just trots out the old party line about working hard and pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps even as his free public education was probably several times better than the average rural or urban high school, was not discriminated against, and had every chance to get it right.
    Ignorance is bliss...

12. Refman

This is true. It would have been more complete for me to have said that it doesn't matter what polls or op ed pieces say right now. Any attempt to analyze the political effects of the stimulus is pure conjecture at best.

13. SamFisher

I did read your post, it was a thoroughly unremarkable tautology about the present being the present and the future being the future (incidentally you're wrong, the stimulus is essentially intangible to the average person, and its difficult to accurately gauge its success or failure in a definite fashion, much less translate that into a public opinion poll).....what matters a lot more is that political capital is there, and with it things can get done. Thus I detected some lingering sour grapes.

14. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

I'm not even going that far as to believing him, the internet and anecdotal evidence; what a good mixture.

FYI, I run the world and as such am more qualified then all of you in debating internet politics.

15. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

Easy El Piglito or whatever your name is. One day if you're so fortunate as to have some real money, not college job money come talk. IF you worked your butt off and your government which supposedly promotes fairness wants to raise your taxes along with the deductions you can make on your mortgage interest then talk to me.

You do realize buying a big home was a ctually not just a reward for success but also a way to save on your taxes or did they not teach you that yet in college? Either way the government has no money because they've wasted all of it on helping unqualified people buy homes and by fighting a war that had no need in Afghanistan because Clinton could have dumped Osama twice if he wanted to, once in Afghanistan and once in Sudan. The war in Iraq was necessary because it liberated people tortured by a violent dictator ala world war II and the armed forces liberating the Jews. So the government now broke because of dumb decisions made by a democrat named Bill Clinton a decade ago has to wage war on the wealthy citizens of this country. So pardon me when I say stay in school and brush up on American history.

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

how much can you bench press?

17. Northside Storm

Hahaha...wow.

You use your supposed "wealth" as the force of your arguments...as you rightfully should.

There's nothing much else there.

The other nonsensical arguments I'll disregard, but you say Afghanistan was unnecessary but Iraq was based on the "liberating the people" concept.

um...

Have you ever heard of a totalitarian regime called the Taliban? You know, the Hazara-massacring, women-oppresing scum?

18. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

All I've said from the beginning is I want FAIR TAXATION. You want to tax the low income earners 28%, tax me the same. What is so unfair about all that. We pay the same amount up to $30K, why can't it extend to infinity. It's easy for Warren Buffett to say tax me more, he probably earns north of $100M plus annually. What about the wealthy who earn over $250K but under $1M, it's not like we're buying private jets and $10M yachts. In reality we aren't even that wealthy. I am by no means a billionaire of any sort, I have a nice home in Tanglewood and 2 cars. Why should my tax rate skyrocket by close to 40% while other people are taxed at under 30%. Equality is what the government should promote. An extra 3-5% is a ton to me, even with my salary. It could be a full years college tuition for a kid. O wait that's right in America if some people are suffering we should try to force our hand on the succesful one's so they can suffer a little too.

19. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

I correct myself, my tax rate would go close to 40% not increase by 40%.

Secondly the taliban were lead by Bin Laden, you cut the head off, they survive a little but not for long. The Iraqi insurgents we are fighting now were not led by Saddam.They are guys seizing the opportunity of him being dead to take power.

20. Northside Storm

Your idiocy astounds me.

Time to go back to class and brush up on world history, I guess.