1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Butler trade not done!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClearLakeTX, Jun 30, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's conceivable they could add Kawhi, Iggy for the minimum and then maybe Seth signs for the room exception. Don't see how Danny Green is possible.

Rondo/Seth?/Kawhi/Lebron/Davis with Iggy and a few other minimum guys off the bench is pretty good.

Chad Butler likes this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Riley is an haughty mother****er so, although i think in the end he'll bite and give up what Dallas wants, i wouldn't bet on it...regardless, i wonder if the Sixers would ultimately get pissed and **** Riley themselves, probably not since they would lose Richardson.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

This got backed up by the California kid/insider though, so, i wouldn't take this lightly for once.

4. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Wow... every team can be screwed over in this... this is like Morey's revenge after Parsons/Bosh...
    https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...0190701-xduf6eco7ncwvieddsesnqi36e-story.html

luckyman76, Vivi, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  5. JW86

JW86 Member

Heat will have to give up even more, Butler for all his hard work ethic is not about winning. Oh the irony

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

I just have a really hard time seeing Kawhi joining that team, though.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Just curious, did you have the same feeling about Durant going to the Warriors? Because i did at the time and man i got burned so hard by that...

justtxyank and malakas like this.
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

at this point i'm thinking Butler says "F it. I'll take a little less just to get this deal through the door". Which would be hilarious.

mikol13 and justtxyank like this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Actually? Yeah, I did. :(

Vivi likes this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think they get butler to agree to a couple million less and they "make it up" elsewhere

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Its not so much that he will give what Dallas wants but because of Miami's cap situation the Heat cannot make that deal because they are hard capped. Miami has to move one of their bigger contracts such as Dragic or Ryno to make the deal work. It wasn't really Dallas' fault they can make the trade with Olynyk and Jones Jr. Dallas made it clear they do not want to take back Dragic's larger deal since it hurts them from making other moves.

He may say this and get compensated in a different way for the difference outside of his contract, but i am not sure if him taking less than the max has any effect on Philly making their offer to Horford. If the Philly offer to Horford is depending on a sign and trade of Butler for the max then well it may not be all up to Butler. From tweets I have seen Philly is putting a lot of pressure on Miami to get this done which indicates to me that the sign and trade for less than the max does effect Philly/Horford deal.

luckyman76 and BigMaloe like this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's what i expect too, which would be hilarious btw, like @steddinotayto said, everything for the money and gets forced to lose money because Riley is incompetent or senile, i don't know...

luckyman76, BigMaloe, Ramo$e and 2 others like this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not if Butler takes a pay cut. Something our stars refused to do to help the team (I don’t blame them)

15. onreego

onreego Member

Man, even in this situation Jimmy ends up creating drama. That's impressive.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

And a decade from now, we see Butler on the NBA on TNT bashing the Heat every chance he gets because they never made good on their promise.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Rocket fans right now...
    [​IMG]

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chuck Butler

JoeBarelyCares and ryano2009 like this.
  19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

So punt this season and not solve Miami's cap problems in one move? Genius!

LorneMalvo and justtxyank like this.
  20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Well an issue here is that even if he agrees to take less apparently the Heat don't want to give up that combination of players anyway.

pippendagimp likes this.