1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Butler trade not done!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClearLakeTX, Jun 30, 2019.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This is a regular theme, rockets go hard and miss out, and then miss out on some decent talent that were probably easier to get. Obviously I don't think Kawhi was even a possibility but there were some other players that might have been worth looking at (maybe, I dunno, Morey knows best??).

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

All their iPads in one basket* :) haha

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I'm glad the heat step in and got him. I dont know what morey thinking that you can get 3 stars and surround with cheap labor and think you're going to when a championship.

deb4rockets and Baqui99 like this.
  4. tmacman

tmacman Member

Um because it’s been done before....

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I agree, I don't think it would have worked out like Morey planned. You'd have to have a bench to take minutes off harden/CP3 or by the time the po's come around harden will be exhausted/CP3 could be fatigued/injured etc. I mean maybe if all guys were equal and 30 y/o or younger, but not if you're trying to save CP3 for the playoffs (at this point in his career).

I also don't think Butler would have gotten along long term with this structure, unless there was some switch up on the iso, or him getting iso time. Especially if it's true that he wanted to be number 1 option.

deb4rockets likes this.
  6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

It definitely has, I think on paper it looks great but at CP3s age I think it'd be hard to repeat the Heat blueprint.

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

And don't get me wrong, I mean it probably was something houston should have gambled on anyway (if there was actually any chance to get him), I mean especially with there still being a window right now.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

People forget Chris Bosh was a borderline superstar or a superstar at that time, longer hair.

He got neutered. IMO better than Butler was.

BigggReddd and CCity Zero like this.
  9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, Bosh really took a backseat there and didn't complain about it, I think Butler would have probably been pissed during the regular season, he wouldn't want to be the 2nd or 3rd ball handler. I mean assuming he doesn't flake here and run to LAL (if Leonard falls through), and Riley can't get the trade to work. Because he'd certainly be the 3rd option there.

Ramo$e likes this.
  10. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Get in on the deal... before Buxxex goes to LAC or LAL... help keep Buxxex in the East and secure Winslow from Heat.... Get the bag, Morey!
    [​IMG]

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am so glad he didn't come here!!!!!! He's not worth what he asks for, not worth gutting our team for, and obviously doesn't want to play with James or come to Houston that bad anyway. Keep EGO, PJ and Clint and just get a little better by signing someone to help at the wing. Maybe Hartenstein will make a difference this year.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

**** Butler that fool - he X’d out the city clique. He Tomball not Houston.

Ramo$e and BigShasta like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

So what team is going to help facilitate this move now. Now that dallas is officially out

14. blackistan

blackistan Member

The funny thing is so many folks thought he was actually coming here...that deal is getting done one way or another kiss your butler dreams goodbye

CCity Zero, Ramo$e and BeardNation13 like this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I can already see the Knicks doing it, they should force Miami to move Herro but i don't know if they're smart enough for that.

Ramo$e and justtxyank like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure they have enough to absorb dragic at this point. they've already spent much of their cap on 4 players

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

They have just enough money apparently, 20M (Dragic salary is 19M), and you know if there's a team ready to make a mistake, that's the Knicks lol, i'm so ready for this...unfortunately.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

is that after them signing bullock this morning?

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, they had 30M before they signed him.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

gotcha. they're probably gonna sign a marcus morris or something lol