1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

But they didn't have Peyton

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Cohete Rojo, Sep 12, 2011.

?

Am I right?

1. Yes - the tale of two halves (0 2nd half points)

30 vote(s)
    25.4%
  2. No - Peyton would have been shaking in his boots

88 vote(s)
    74.6%
  1. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Wait a minute: If the Texans defense does a complete 360 from last year wouldn't that mean that they wound up at the point from where they started - that being the worst defense in the league? Man, knowledge of geometry in this country must be at an all time low...

2. msn

msn Member

speak for yourself; I know my geometry real good. I can still 'member most of the capitals from 4th grade. enough to git me another 'C-' on a test, anyhow. An' I know where Texas is, and I know Mexico's unner that. An' DC is up on the right and Callyforny on the left. What else is there to know 'bout geometry?

3. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

360 or A complete turnaround, geez

4. msn

msn Member

"geez" indeed. heaven forbid we require ourselves to learn something and speak accurately, or (*gasp*) recognize a little good-natured ribbing.

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

sounds worse now...Should have left it how it was!!!...Now you got me confused:confused::confused::confused:

6. msn

msn Member

360s are so overrated. Gotta be at least a 720 or an 880 to be any good.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Wait, are you DEFENDING 360 as being the correct term?? Or are you just explaining WHY you thought 360 was initially the correct term, but now realize that you were wrong?

8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Oh he was defending it!!!.. :eek:...just surprised he would be willing to face the humiliation AFTER we made fun of it!!!

9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Now if he had explained it like so he would get props:

*By 90 degrees(this year), our pass defense would rank in the middle of the pack:

*By 180 degrees (next year and give or take 3/4 years), our defense would be top 5 overall

*By 270 degrees (after retirements and FA departures) , we'll be middle of the pack again due to overpaying overated FA's to fill those FA departures aka Caper years

*By 360 degrees (10 yrs from now), we'll be terrible but entertaining trying to bring another one of Bum Phillip's offspring to save us!!!

10. msn

msn Member

a 360 was firing Richard Smith and hiring Frank Bush: frantic spinning about and desperate activity, all to end up facing the same direction. "Oh look. We still suck."

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

[​IMG]

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RuZQmEPpdeI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Duh, of course. Never said it did. My point is about expectations for what they could accomplish. If the Saints clobber them, they will remain the same old Texans to me (for the time being). If they win in New Orleans, I will be truly impressed.

BTW, I wasn't on the bandwagon at 4-2 last year. 4-2 seems like a good record but I watched the games and didn't expect them to finish the season well.

13. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I think most of us understood that their 4-2 record was a bit of a mirage and that the defense was going to have to get progressively better *real* quick or that house of cards was going to fall.

But I think to your point: Ws/Ls are obviously THE bottom line - but there are different ways to consider a record, especially one in-progress. If they emerge from their opening 7 games 4-3, or even 3-4, and they've played well and competently and haven't thrown games away or been blown out, I'll be satisfied and convinced they can finish strong. No one game is going to sway me either way, really.

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

wait...Peyton didn't play?

15. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

First, I would like to say that everyone that responded to me using the 360 verbiage, really needs to get a life, Everyone knew exactly what my conversational geometry meant, but because most of you like to dwell on the negative, you just had to put your 2 cents in.

360 or 180
    complete turnaround or halfway turnaround

Yes, 180 would have been the correct literal term, meaning we are at a point that is opposite from where we were last year.

But as my man T-Mac said when he signed with orlando, I did a complete 360 and got headed in the right direction......

16. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

You may know your geometry but you need to work on your grammar ;)

17. msn

msn Member

good-natured ribbing, brother. take it with a smile, then dish it out with a smile. and, the bad grammar was part of the joke.

18. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

i did....

19. msn

msn Member

no, you took it personally enough that you felt the need to whine with: "First, I would like to say that everyone that responded to me using the 360 verbiage, really needs to get a life, Everyone knew exactly what my conversational geometry meant, but because most of you like to dwell on the negative, you just had to put your 2 cents in."

The T-Mac joke was great, though.

20. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

how bout them Texans.