1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[But the game is on] Rockets should go after Iguodala

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Aug 26, 2010.

1. eman

eman Contributing Member

I like our present roster so much, I'd hate to trade anyone on it-- certainly not our young guns. I hope we'll get to see how it goes with what we've got, at least until the trade deadline. If we need a new 3, I'd rather Iggy than Melo. We have a team of hard workers. Divas need not apply.

2. BROOKS & DONE

BROOKS & DONE Member

iggy over melo anyday of the week but seeing c-bud leave would really hurt

3. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

15 is out of the lotto. :)

4. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

i know it's hard to think about trading our young guys that can be developed, but the honest truth is that we have way too many talented players and not enough minutes for everyone to be productive. morey built our team for depth to eventually trade for 'difference maker' players. is iggy that player? that argument can definitely be made. is he worth taking on brand's salary? i dont think so- and i dont think morey does either, or else he would be a rocket today instead of martin.

we have to trade these young assets while their value is high. if we let them sit and rott on the bench, we are devaluing our assets. not a good move.

e

1 person likes this.
  5. RedArmy00

RedArmy00 Member

I'd love to have AI on our team as long as we don't have to give up any of our starters.

6. parmesh

parmesh Member

Hmm, I see your point. I should've worded mine better. I meant to say I want to see multiple guys on our team drop 25-30 efficiently. I like Melo but I do not think he shares the ball enough and isn't efficient enough for Adelman's system given the amount he likes to have the ball in his hands. So I am not sure the cost to get him would be worth it. I guess we'll see what the potential price is...

7. psingh34

psingh34 Member

i like melo . ... but i think us with martin AND iggy .. might be better than a team of melo and maybe a courtney lee at the 2 .. i dont think melo is that much better than iggy... but i think martin is a lot better than lee ..

getting iggy would help us preserve our depth ..

with iggy, martin, brooks, scola and yao .. id say there is a good chance that atleast 4 of them would be in the running for the all star game .. pair that with a bench of .. lowry, lee, miller, either hill or patterson, hayes... and we would also have more depth on our roster than most other teams..

8. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

agreed- i'd like to see what Martin can do w/ Yao, and AB is a star in the making- i don't think you give that up.

9. eman

eman Contributing Member

I see your point. Still, I'd like to see those guys blossom in Rockets uniforms. I mean, let the hungry dogs hunt!

10. DaneB

DaneB Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R0WZUASGGbw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R0WZUASGGbw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

11. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Yes, yes, yes -- I absolutely agree with this. Everyone's all starry-eyed about adding Anthony, but this could be a better move because it allows the Rockets to keep their carefully constructed starting rotation intact, and improves the defense. Iggy is a great fit. The team is offensively loaded. Giving up Budinger, Hill, picks -- it's a no-brainer, easily worth it. But I have a feeling if this were really doable, Morey already would've done it.

12. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

+1

Iguodala definitely a better fit than Melo. My ideal trade would be something like: Jeffries, Bud, Hill, and the 2 Knicks picks for Iguodala. This works salary wise b/c of our trade exception. It's a good deal for Philly b/c they get 2 promising young players, instant salary relief, and some valuable picks, while also freeing up playing time for Turner. They don't need Battier, since they are in rebuilding mode anyway.

Our team would be incredibly balanced on offense, with Iguodala's playmaking (much better passer than Melo) and slashing, Martin and Brooks shooting, Yao in the middle, and Scola for mopup.

Our defense would also be outstanding. We would even matchup respectably with Miami, since we could put Battier and Iguodala on Wade and James. Iguodala's ability to run the offense would even allow us to keep Martin in at the same time against some lineups.

13. MONON

MONON Member

I like this deal better than a deal for Melo. By getting Iggy, Bud becomes expendable. However I would like to keep Hill if possible. Iggy could be a point forward so in the 4th quarter & help AB bring the ball up court. Then teams wouldn't be able to double AB & stop the Rockets offense in crunch time.

14. Marteen

Marteen Member

I strongly believe that this deal should be done IF Daryl Morey can't get Carmelo.

I respect Iggy's game, but he's nowhere as legit as Anthony would be to the Rockets. That's just my opinion on it.

15. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Why not? Iggy is better then Bud and we have Scola and Patterson at the 4 and depth at the 5.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

We have all that we need to get both Iguodala and Carmelo, but of course one or both, Denver and Phillie, are probably going to be greedy. I agree that Iguodala would bring more balance to the team.

Melo would want to be the man on the team. Iguodala will be more of a team player and would play defense. The more i think about it, i would rather have Iguodala over Anthony if we were not able to get both.

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

When it comes to Iggy or Melo, I say get either or both if they become available and if:

Iggy:
    1) We dont have to take Brand to do so.
    2) Dont have to give up any starters (except maybe Battier).
    3) Not more than 1 draft pick

Melo:
    1) Martin OR Brooks, not both.

18. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

It would also leave us with Battier's expiring so next year we have some money to sign Brooks, otherwise if we got Melo (without trading Brooks) we'd have to go deep into the luxury tax to pay Brooks next offseason.

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Add Iggy and you have a starting lineup where it's likely that every player averages over 15 points but less than 20.

Nice balance although I still don't think it puts the Rockets over the top.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I don't think Morey has any intentions of paying Aaron Brooks. He is going to trade him instead.