1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Business] Disney Buys Lucas Films For $4Bill, new Star Wars Movies Starting in 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Oct 30, 2012.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Twenty years from the end of Jedi (which is actually 30 years) so that's a mistake on my part -- but my point still stands with an extra 10 years. We're still flying B-52s, A-10s, and F-15s -- yeah it would be cool to have seen more new tech but it certainly doesn't ruin the movie.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I don't think anyone is saying it ruins the movie. I am saying the reason everything looks the same is because that is what people like, not the look of the prequels. The story logic you are trying to use is blown out by everything being different in Rogue One which takes place 19 years after Revenge of the Sith. They could have thrown prequel ships in there, but thanks to fans negative reactions to prequels they didn't. That's all I was saying.

I just think it is interesting how different people would think about a star wars movie being made by a giant corporation instead of Lucas had he not messed up the prequels so much.

KingCheetah likes this.
  3. Nero

Nero Member

From Luke's age in Star Wars.

And I do not necessarily subscribe to your premise that 'everybody wanted to see Darth Vader as a child'. I never would have picked that as the focus of the past.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That was my premise, not his.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Why would I care about the opinion of immature fanboys? At the time of this deal, I've seen enough comments trashing Disney and predicting that the movies would suck, we can see how that turned out.

And I don't buy the narrative of the prequel failures being a necessary evil, I don't remember people wanting such a drastic change in tone or advocating for this nonsensical light-hearted approach that Lucas took.