1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bush Workout at USC!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RocketFire, Apr 2, 2006.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Yeah, if players can make a pitch with their knee completely touching the ground and get a touchdown out of it (to make the deciding difference in the game, no less...), I'd say you should do it everytime.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

let it go, that argument is totally weak and you wouldn't come in the actual game thread to discuss it. that play happened in the 1st half, and usc never demonstrated they could stop texas, who would have had the ball inside the 15 with a first down. but yeah, that decided the game.

its really sad that you hang on to that. usc tee-shirt fans look pathetic making that argument three months later.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

there are two plays that decided the game, white getting stuffed when bush wasn't even on the field, and vy running it in for a touchdown, even real live usc alumni agree with that.

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

You're a joke bigtexxx. It was a great play by VY, but it was up to USC officials to call for a replay.

I wish the game was today so you could "mysteriously" disappear again.

5. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

USC officials?

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

All they had to do was call a timeout. By letting the extra point happen (which the kicker missed), they lost any chance for the officials to decide to review it. Had they called timeout and given the refs three or four more minutes, I'm positive they would've had a review.

7. reggietodd

oh yeah. Like I said a few weeks ago. Pete Carrol called that game like an idiot.

8. Major

Major Member

If you're a math person, you would laugh at that "analysis". Let's just take this little brilliant snippet for example:

<I>Now, based on the small sample of this game, in which 1 of 2 lateral attempts succeeded, let's say the chances of Walker catching the ball are 50%. Since there were roughly twice as many Texas players in the area, let's say the chances of Texas recovering a fumble were about twice as good as USC's.
    </I>

For starters, the first sentence is ludicrous. Because there were 2 laterals in the game, and 1 was caught, the guy had a 50% chance to catch it? As though any lateral anywhere on the field is identical? Huh? Given the bad pitch, the fact that they guy was not expecting it, and that the guy is not a ball carrier, the chances of him catching it were far, far less than 50%.

Second, the "twice as many Texas" players thing is bizarre. There were two USC players, but if it was fumbled, one would have been on the ground having been tackled (Bush) and the other missed the freaking ball, which means he's probably not in the ideal position to go recover the fumble. The UT players would have been chasing the play, making it far more likely that they have the best angle to it.

If you want to make a serious argument, fine. But don't act like this bizarre thing makes any sense to a person who actually knows anything about math or maximizing expected outcome.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

So, apparently it was VY's fault that the ref's missed it and that USC didn't ask for a replay. Interesting. :rolleyes:

10. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Yay, we are drafting BUSH!

11. gucci888

I believe it is Pac-10 officials in the booth that need to call for a replay, coaches can't call for replays like the NFL.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I might be starting to agree with you. :)

13. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

heard on the Radio that some thinks VY might drop out of the TOP 10

the guy's stock is dropping faster than Enron

there is NOOO WAY we're going to waste the #1 pick on him

Is either BUSH or traded for more picks

14. gucci888

Since you felt the need to post the exact same thing in the other thread...

"ESPN's John Clayton reported on Friday that the Titans currently ranked Vince ahead of Leinart, and said that many other teams did as well. Profootballtalk.com - the site so many of you frequently source - has Vince at 2 and Leinart at 3 in its latest mock draft."

I agree that we probably won't take him with the #1, but I'll trust Clayton over some guy on the radio.

15. reggietodd

The guys on the radio. On 610, it was Rich and his sidekick, quoted this from a news article that said Vince won't get drafted in the top 10. Don't remember the source they quoted.

Question for you gucci, please predict what spot you think VY will go? I predict 10th overall to the Arizona Cardinals.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Reggie is obviously very strong, but there is no way he benches over 400 pounds -- I stand by my original estimate.

50 pushups = easy

100 pushups = tough

150 pushups = hard

A high number of pushups = upper body muscle endurance

17. gucci888

Not sure, but I highly doubt he'll fall out of the Top 10. A couple sources have said the Titans want VY and I think there is a good chance that he'll end up there. IF the McNair situation gets resolved, that would be a great situation for them. I posted this somewhere else, a year or two under McNair would be perfect, a career under Chow could be ridiculous.

The Cardinals at #10 would be a good situation as well. I always thought D. Green was a good coach, he's had his experience w/ Culpepper and Fitzgerald is already a Top 3-5 receiver, and I almost forgot they have the Edge as well.

18. wesnesked

wesnesked Contributing Member

You're just wrong then, either that or the multiple sources (John McClain, being one) that I've heard that he benches 400 are wrong. And what is so inconcievable that a guy that benches 225, 24 times benching 400. Personally, I've benched a little over 300, but the most I could do 225 is 13 times

19. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

I can bench 225 lbs probably around 7-8 times on a good day. My max is about 300 lbs. I'm also 5'10 165 lbs (35 lbs lighter than Mr. Bush). I would bet my left testacle that he can bench over 4 bills. That being said, I'd rather have my running backs have more muscle explosiveness than muscle endurance. He seems to have the total package you would want in a running back: Blazing speed, strength, and intelligence along with amazing football skills.

20. raw10628

raw10628 Contributing Member

That means you're almost as strong as Lendale White! :D